New to forum

Mtbluetick

Reaction score
Hi all,

my name is Jesse. I’m new to the forum, have always looked but never registered. I just booked my first hunt out of country. Going the middle of November to hunt leopard with Nick Nolte. Any advise etc would be appreciated.
Thank you

Welcome to AH! You don't have much time before you leave. I'd say first get everything in order regarding travel and Covid and what is needed there. In the meantime, practice your shooting and preferably off of sticks.

Giday Jesse and welcome to the A H forums

Hello and welcome!

You are in good hands with Nolte from what I have read over the years!

Gday from Australia

Welcome to AH and good luck on your leopard hunt!

Welcome! Good luck on your hunt. November might be a bit hot.

Welcome to AH, picked a heck of a way to start hunting in Africa! Don't forget to take a journal so you can give us a detailed hunt report on your return. Good luck and shoot straight.

Welcome! And good luck!
Pack light. Use a company for rifle permits. +1 on shooting practice.

Welcome to AH Jesse!

Hi Jesse, welcome to AH, and good luck on your hunt !

Hi all,

my name is Jesse. I’m new to the forum, have always looked but never registered. I just booked my first hunt out of country. Going the middle of November to hunt leopard with Nick Nolte. Any advise etc would be appreciated.
Thank you

Hello Jesse,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Paul.

Welcome to AH Jesse! Good luck on your upcoming hunt!

Welcome to AH, Jesse! Bring a rifle you are comfortable shooting. I shot a huge leopard last year with a 7 mm Rem Mag. Shot placement is critical. Be patient waiting in the blind. I have done a lot of hunting in blinds, learn to control your noise level and keep it quiet. Best of luck on your hunt!

Jesse, welcome to the AH forum! What an exciting first out of the country hunt!
My suggestion is to get a copy of Dr Robertson’s book “The Perfect Shot”. Maybe make yourself a mock blind and targets of leopard. Practice getting onto your rifle and rest very quietly. If possible try shooting (even dry firing) from the blind setup in the dark using a spotlight and shooting within a very few seconds.
If you can, night hunting for hogs and varmints should work to help you get use to shooting in the dark.
Just my thoughts. Best of luck! You’re going to have an exciting time!

Welcome aboard Jesse!

Welcome to the posting side.

Pick one spot (rosette), aim at it and squeeze the trigger.
leopard_panthera_pardus.jpg

Enjoy your hunt. Take lots of pictures. Share your story when you get back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamiroMcGu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg