New scope for my 308 Norma Magnum needed. Need advice please.

I’m not particular to brand, but in that open country I would go with something that goes up to the 12x or 15x range. Although, I recommend a sun shade if you are going for a 50mm objective.

Leupold...all day long.

The Leopold VX Freedom 4-12x40 would be my choice for the ranges you are looking at. As others have stated, the weight of the rifle plays a huge part in the physics of recoil. A heavier scope, regardless of caliber, will have a greater tendency to slip in the rings. That said, the rifle and scope combination are a system meant for a particular set of hunting parameters. I'm thinking that the rifle, rings, scope, ammo and sling for your rifle are gonna come in around 8.5-9#. If that sound about right to you, go for it.

I didn't know much about the Lynx scopes, but it looks like they are by LOW in Japan, if that is true, I would take one of those over the Freedom line from Leopold.

I haven't had any experience with Lynx, however, lots of shooting time with various Leupold models and powers.

For a shooter that does not dial for elevation/windage at distance I find the Leupold works advertised.

However, if you do dial for elevation/windage at distance, there are host of other choices available.

Another critical factor IMO, is how forgiving is the scope eyebox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseDapl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross