New Ruger African in .275 Rigby

Took the first head of game with my .275 yesterday evening, a fat old doe with one shot of the 140 grain Core-Loktd ammo. Shot was right at 100 yards through the heart and she bolted close to 60 yards. More than enough of a blood trail to follow.

Just looked on gun broker for another 275. Wow one is up over $1600. Glade I got mine when I did. Would love another one tho

Just looked on gun broker for another 275. Wow one is up over $1600. Glade I got mine when I did. Would love another one tho

I'd like another myself, but not at that price. Just have to keep my daughter away from mine.

I'd like another myself, but not at that price. Just have to keep my daughter away from mine.

Yea that’s who I was looking to pick one up for. We will be using it next year on our first trip to Africa. Sure she will think it’s hers then lol

Just how bad do you two guys want one.....as in dollars?

Just got home from SHOT Show. Looked at this years edition of the rifle in 6.5x55. Very cool.
Damn, I'm definitely going to need another safe;)

Just got home from SHOT Show. Looked at this years edition of the rifle in 6.5x55. Very cool.
Already have mine reserved by my local gun store, don't know the pricing yet. Missed out on the .275, was too late to the dance.

Already have mine reserved by my local gun store, don't know the pricing yet. Missed out on the .275, was too late to the dance.
They have one at the Cabela’s in league city in 275 R

Thanks a lot Cody, your not helping matters much. The Swede will be something new to play with. My CZ 7X57 is my main deer gun now and just think the .275 would be a safe queen. I'll have to think about this one, that Cabelas is just around the corner from Texas City and the gun probably won't be there when I get back home next month.

Anyone have any info on this one? I didn't find anything on google. Is it Hawkeye African like the .275? Any links?

Anyone have any info on this one? I didn't find anything on google. Is it Hawkeye African like the .275? Any links?
Hi Ses, I read an article shortly after the Shot Show that the new rifle is identical to the .275 Rigby except in 6.5 Creedmore and they are working on a somewhat larger caliber for next year. I will try to find the article and then link it on this thread.

Here you go https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUHM77RSB6.5X55. This is not the article I read but direct from the Lipsey web site. Keep in mind they are a wholesale only to dealers. That $1279 MSRP will most likely be considerable less from your dealer that places the order. I still try to find the article about a larger caliber in the same rifle for next year.

Attachments

• Screenshot (275).png
    Screenshot (275).png
    142.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Above they said it was the Swede. Thanks though. The Creedmoor doesn't interest me, too new, LOL.:rolleyes:

I was wrong on the caliber, I believe this 6.5 is the Swede and not the Creedmore. Correct me if I am wrong.

Did you look at the link I posted guy? LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg