Fastrig

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
CA, TX, MT, CO, NV, AK, NE, SD, FL
Was looking for a nice 375 H&H and found one I really liked, a Weatherby Mark V Royal Ultramark Custom. Rifle came out of a private collection and has never been fired, outside of at the factory. Nicest shouldering rifle I've ever had my hands on. The only problem was that the collection contained three other Royal Ultramark Customs that were in calibers I was interested in, never been shot, and shouldered beautifully.....guess what? Yep, seller made me a package deal and I ended up buying all four of them :)

Here they are:

375 H&H - 23" barrel

k7jE227.jpg

briGxK6.jpg

hq4R0yS.jpg

J6n3cLP.jpg

uFIDqir.jpg

416 Rem Mag - 23" barrel

IpieV75.jpg

S7pANqQ.jpg

QbZgTHm.jpg

cjhQaR1.jpg

G9sKEf5.jpg

300 Win Mag - 22.5" barrel

pq1wX9N.jpg

jAivwM4.jpg

aKC1ZZ7.jpg

RtEA3Yh.jpg

XsoKVCy.jpg

YovJdwm.jpg

257 Weatherby Mag - 25" barrel

sMISi4g.jpg

Mj4PuMb.jpg

FuaPTcq.jpg

5qinRU4.jpg

cytRhAh.jpg

BT8NvBe.jpg

Mounts and Leopold VX6-HD scopes ordered for all four :)

Attachments

• 5qinRU4.jpg
    5qinRU4.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 174
  • aKC1ZZ7.jpg
    aKC1ZZ7.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 128
  • briGxK6.jpg
    briGxK6.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 839
  • BT8NvBe.jpg
    BT8NvBe.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 96
  • cjhQaR1.jpg
    cjhQaR1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 149
  • cytRhAh.jpg
    cytRhAh.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 126
  • FuaPTcq.jpg
    FuaPTcq.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 170
  • G9sKEf5.jpg
    G9sKEf5.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 88
  • hq4R0yS.jpg
    hq4R0yS.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 673
  • IpieV75.jpg
    IpieV75.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 124
  • J6n3cLP.jpg
    J6n3cLP.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 123
  • jAivwM4.jpg
    jAivwM4.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 114
  • k7jE227.jpg
    k7jE227.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 95
  • Mj4PuMb.jpg
    Mj4PuMb.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 102
  • QbZgTHm.jpg
    QbZgTHm.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 184
  • RtEA3Yh.jpg
    RtEA3Yh.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 135
  • S7pANqQ.jpg
    S7pANqQ.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 256
  • sMISi4g.jpg
    sMISi4g.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 94
  • uFIDqir.jpg
    uFIDqir.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 250
  • XsoKVCy.jpg
    XsoKVCy.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 96
  • YovJdwm.jpg
    YovJdwm.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 92
Looks like an expensive day! Good finds!

Also, great whitetail!

I have tears running down my eyes . I am not certain if they are tears of joy or tears of envy . Congratulations , @Fastrig . I especially like the .416 Remington Magnum .

I was on the fence about the 416 Rem Mag, wasn't sure where I'd use it, but the seller made me an attractive offer on all four and couldn't say No. Now I'm going to have to go on a DG hunt, I mean what else is a guy supposed to do when he has a 416 RM? :) The wife is rolling her eyes, LOL

Some great looking rifles! Congrats on the new additions!

Beautiful rifles, congratulations on an amazing deal.

Wasn't sure if you were going to hunt these rifles or not.
Looks like you are planning to do so...good for you.
Rifles are made to be shot...cared for properly, but still used.

Beautiful rifles, congratulations on an amazing deal.

Wasn't sure if you were going to hunt these rifles or not.
Looks like you are planning to do so...good for you.
Rifles are made to be shot...cared for properly, but still used.

Oh, they are going to the field.. I don't believe in case queens, which these have obviously been. Mounts, scopes, and ammo on order for all four. Looking into the Edwards recoil reducers for the big bores right now. Probably take the 375 H&H (Kudu/Gemsbok) and 257 Weatherby Mag (Impala) to Africa next April in a 2-gun Americase I'm considering. The 300 WM and the 416 RM the following year for the Leopard (300 wm) and maybe an Eland and/or Sable (416 RM). Will hopefully give the 257 Weatherby a go this year for whitetail and axis, which is what I mostly bought it for. All four have to make the Africa journey :)

Was looking for a nice 375 H&H and found one I really liked, a Weatherby Mark V Royal Ultramark Custom. Rifle came out of a private collection and has never been fired, outside of at the factory. Nicest shouldering rifle I've ever had my hands on. The only problem was that the collection contained three other Royal Ultramark Customs that were in calibers I was interested in, never been shot, and shouldered beautifully.....guess what? Yep, seller made me a package deal and I ended up buying all four of them :)

Here they are:

375 H&H - 23" barrel

k7jE227.jpg

briGxK6.jpg

hq4R0yS.jpg

J6n3cLP.jpg

uFIDqir.jpg

416 Rem Mag - 23" barrel

IpieV75.jpg

S7pANqQ.jpg

QbZgTHm.jpg

cjhQaR1.jpg

G9sKEf5.jpg

300 Win Mag - 22.5" barrel

pq1wX9N.jpg

jAivwM4.jpg

aKC1ZZ7.jpg

RtEA3Yh.jpg

XsoKVCy.jpg

YovJdwm.jpg

257 Weatherby Mag - 25" barrel

sMISi4g.jpg

Mj4PuMb.jpg

FuaPTcq.jpg

5qinRU4.jpg

cytRhAh.jpg

BT8NvBe.jpg

Mounts and Leopold VX6-HD scopes ordered for all four :)
@Fastrig
Absolutely exquisite rifles mate.
Only problem is see is If'n they were mine they would still be UNFIRED when I died as I would be scared shirtless taking them out bush and devaluing them by getting a scratch on them but they sure are nice.
Bob

@Fastrig
Absolutely exquisite rifles mate.
Only problem is see is If'n they were mine they would still be UNFIRED when I died as I would be scared shirtless taking them out bush and devaluing them by getting a scratch on them but they sure are nice.
Bob

The most beautiful rifles are the ones that have been used on hunts for many years, yet retain their original luster with the addition of patina’d memories from the field. These four have the luster but need to be hunted with so they can gather their patina, stories, and memories. Anything less would be doing them a disservice as they were born to hunt.

WHAT A FIND!! Most guys will look for a lifetime and not come across a deal like this one. Please let us know how they shoot once you get everything sorted out. I'm jealous, LOL.

You found a nice set of rifles. They are beautiful and will be a joy to take to the field. I also believe in taking all rifles to the field and those deserve to see the african bush, the mountains and plains not to mention a deer stand or12. Always tell people that they make sandpaper and new finish so that if you really feel the need to bring back to factory new just involves a bit of time and labor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,