Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
British Association of Shooting and Conservation
Hunted
England, Scotland, Namibia and Finland
I've put up a couple of posts regarding which calibre and make of rifle I should add to my collection in readiness for a planned trip to Namibia to hunt plains game in 2018.
Having mulled over various options, I've decided to buy a new Schulz and Larsen 30-06, which I'm collecting tomorrow, then off to the range before trying for a roe buck in the evening.
Looking forward to it!

Few things are more fun than a new gun. On top of that you might get to initiate it the same day you get it. Congrats & good luck on your hunt.

Yep new rifles are the best sort of medicine for whatever bothers you! Congrats!

Hard to beat a new Schultz and Larsen.

Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks, guys. I'll post a few photos of the new rifle once I've got her....and a roe buck if the hunting gods are with me later!

Rifle collected and Zeroed with a Zeiss Victory 2.5-10x50 at 100 metres using RWS DK 165gns....the easy bit is done now!

DSC_0148.JPG

Here she is.

Looks good - New firearm = Great Day!

Nice 06 is it threaded for a Muzzle Break?

Yes, it's threaded; I use a sound moderator, they aren't the prettiest things but very useful as I shoot close to some built up areas.

Have you started working on loads yet?

I've always used factory ammunition, but may start reloading before I head to Africa. No success last night, saw a very nice 6 pointer roe buck but couldn't get a shot; I know his territory now though, so will be out again this week.

Blooded the rifle tonight; I saw a couple of good bucks, and then a poorer one...which I decided should be culled. I'll post a picture of the head tomorrow, but his feet were a text book example of Aladin's Slippers.
DSC_0154.JPG

It's a good looking rifle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,