New reloader

Cheddar

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I've honestly never considered hunting in africa and got recommended this site by a friend I share reloading info with. We both own 1895s in .405 winchester and I thought I had the craziest load with a 350gr. bullet going 2350; however, when he pulled out his 400gr. going 2080 and said he got the load from a fella here I had to sign up.

I love levers and reloading for them, and I'm starting to love big bore levers especially.

49242430688_772e833978_o.jpg

Attachments

• 49242430688_772e833978_o.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Welcome, have you read the thread Why no levers for Ele?

Cheddar, welcome to the AH forum! Mr Roosevelt would be proud of all those on AH who shoot a 405 lever gun!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH

Welcome. Interesting Blue bullets you're loading on that Dillon.

Welcome aboard Chedder. First off how about telling us a little more about yourself as a hunter or shooter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what rifles and calibers do you own other than the 405. I love your blue colored press. I have several of them setup. Where are you from? If you've ever considered a guided Elk hunt you can do Africa for about the same price.

Welcome Aboard

Welcome Cheddar! Always good times behind a reloading bench :)

Welcome to AH Cheddar!

Giday and welcome to the A H forums Cheddar

Welcome to AH Cheddar. A lot of people on this site shoot the .405. With more states allowing straight wall rounds for deer, I think there will be an uptick in it’s popularity.
As Shootist43 states, Africa can be done for about the same amount of $$$ as a good elk hunt. I guarantee that as you read more on this site, you’ll catch the Africa bug.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome, have you read the thread Why no levers for Ele?
I have actually! I went and hunted for some people's .405 loads to try out. I couldn't find much in terms of actual data though, and I was wondering if thats a rule to not post actual load data?

Welcome aboard Chedder. First off how about telling us a little more about yourself as a hunter or shooter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what rifles and calibers do you own other than the 405. I love your blue colored press. I have several of them setup. Where are you from? If you've ever considered a guided Elk hunt you can do Africa for about the same price.
I've wanted to go hunting for the longest time, but I've never been and have no one to go with so it never happened. I'm trying to find folks who'd show me the ropes next season though. As for rifles and such, I own an 1885 in .45-70, two 1892s .44mag/.357, an 1895 in .405, an 1894 in .30-30, and I am picking up an 1894 in .375 winchester today.

Hello Cheddar,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

I've wanted to go hunting for the longest time, but I've never been and have no one to go with so it never happened. I'm trying to find folks who'd show me the ropes next season though. As for rifles and such, I own an 1885 in .45-70, two 1892s .44mag/.357, an 1895 in .405, an 1894 in .30-30, and I am picking up an 1894 in .375 winchester today.

Cheddar, since you are wanting someone to help you learn about hunting, how about telling us the state or area you live in. Maybe an AH member lives nearby that would be willing and able to help you.

Do you own a .22 LR or 17 cal rimfire and/or a shotgun to hunt small game and birds; like rabbits, squirrels, quail, raccons, etc.

Do you shoot a bow/crossbow?

What kind of animal(s) are you particularly wanting to learn to hunt?

Hi there and welcome to the forum. The reason you see few actual load recipes is fairly simple. What works well in John's rifle may be over pressure in mine and cause damage or injury. Even rifles that are the same make/model can have different maximum loads. Most will give a load when asked, but will suggest working up to it to be it is safe in your rifle.
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross