New PA Member

Just a bit about myself, I found your forum while searching out where to get a price range for my CZ 550 in 416 Rigby. I've always been interested in Africa to hunt, but just have never got there and with 4 girls, probably won't for a long time.

I live basically dead center been Harrisburg and Pittsburg on the PA Pike, but not for long as we're picking up and moving to Oklahoma to start a small homestead and give the girls a better taste of open space.

I've hunted a good bit in my life, mostly chasing Whitetails east of the Mississippi and shooting my fair share of groundhogs and coyotes. I have made it to Colorado twice, once for elk and once for mule deer.

Anyway, I'll be sticking around, looking at all the great pics from your hunts and dreaming of getting to walk the dark continent with a rifle one day.

-Josh
Welcome to the forum from up in the road in Roaring Spring.

Good day!! Welcome!

Welcome to AH!

Hello CastShooter,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

In with those who say, it will happen for you some day.
When you have time, take a look at the Khomas Safaris web site.
Regardless if you book with us or not, at least we have some informative videos that will help you and your daughters keep the dream alive.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Just a bit about myself, I found your forum while searching out where to get a price range for my CZ 550 in 416 Rigby. I've always been interested in Africa to hunt, but just have never got there and with 4 girls, probably won't for a long time.

I live basically dead center been Harrisburg and Pittsburg on the PA Pike, but not for long as we're picking up and moving to Oklahoma to start a small homestead and give the girls a better taste of open space.

I've hunted a good bit in my life, mostly chasing Whitetails east of the Mississippi and shooting my fair share of groundhogs and coyotes. I have made it to Colorado twice, once for elk and once for mule deer.

Anyway, I'll be sticking around, looking at all the great pics from your hunts and dreaming of getting to walk the dark continent with a rifle one day.

-Josh
Welcome Josh....from a fellow Pennsylvanian. Although I now live in Idaho, I grew up about an hour north of Pittsburgh outside of the town of Butler, PA. You definitely have your hands full with a pile of girls! That is awesome that you are moving to a place to give them a better taste of open space. After living in PA, I now live in a town of 800 people in rural Idaho. I still love PA though because my family is there. Luckily, I get to go home often. I do hope you make it to Africa one day. My husband and I saved for years before we bit the bullet and finally went. It literally changed the course of my life. Anyway, welcome to AH...and Happy Adventures! Sue

Welcome to our forum @CastShooter. I am just next door to OK. Those little girls will be at your side and out shooting you in the future if you raise em' right. Good Luck.

Welcome Josh....from a fellow Pennsylvanian. Although I now live in Idaho, I grew up about an hour north of Pittsburgh outside of the town of Butler, PA. You definitely have your hands full with a pile of girls! That is awesome that you are moving to a place to give them a better taste of open space. After living in PA, I now live in a town of 800 people in rural Idaho. I still love PA though because my family is there. Luckily, I get to go home often. I do hope you make it to Africa one day. My husband and I saved for years before we bit the bullet and finally went. It literally changed the course of my life. Anyway, welcome to AH...and Happy Adventures! Sue
I remember reading that in your book, reminded me of home. Western PA is the best of the East and Idaho is the best of the West!

I remember reading that in your book, reminded me of home. Western PA is the best of the East and Idaho is the best of the West!
I agree! It’s funny. I didn’t appreciate the beauty and wonderful people of PA fully until I left. We take so much for granted when we live there.

Welcome to AH! If you don’t mind my asking what part of OK are you moving to?

'Get the 550 Safari model AND accurize it per Kevin Robertson's recommendations in "Africa's Most Deadly." ;) PA to OK? Why not urban PA to rural PA? :p

'Get the 550 Safari model AND accurize it per Kevin Robertson's recommendations in "Africa's Most Deadly." ;) PA to OK? Why not urban PA to rural PA? :p
I'm already in rural PA, another large reason is political. We're not huge fans of current leadership and the leadership probably won't change very much in the next 30 years.

I'm already in rural PA, another large reason is political. We're not huge fans of current leadership and the leadership probably won't change very much in the next 30 years.
At my family's ancestral farms, we have the lowest taxes, utilities costs (most co-ops owned by all employees/customers), and virtually NO crime. For starters. All big landowners. NYC can be nuked and we will be unaffected (well, life may actually improve!) lol What's holding us back at the moment are libdems and their disdain for energy self-sufficience on the homefront (they need big $pon$or$ from outside America, and thus have NO appreciation for our vast coal, oil and nat gas!-That put my kids through college under sensible, previous administrations!!!) ;) They actually give $ away for votes at home (free cellphones, healthcare, homes, etc. etc. on U$!) The NO crime part's a no-brainer: we're all excellent shots and the avg urbanite is uncomfy off the front porch, not to mention they can't afford a car or fuel under "their presidents!" lol I mean, really rural. No suburbia for 2 hrs and certainly NO cities. Self-sufficiency is a beautiful thing (like Africa!)

Last edited:
Welcome! Enjoy the site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg