New member/ new trip

Squrldog

Reaction score
Hello,

I bid/won a trip with Dubula Safaris outside Port Elizabeth At a white tails unlimited event. First trip to Africa? I have talked with them and they sound like very nice people. Anyone have and experience with them?

I was considering booking my own travel. It would be from Newark , NJ direct JNB.. and then a seperate ticket the next morning on Airlink. I have done some reading bout a possible large weapons charge if there are two separate tickets booked ? Has anyone else booked a trip like this recently?, any suggestions?

Are there any other airlines that transport fire affront JNB- PLZ?

Thank you

Welcome aboard Squrldog. Save yourself a bunch of headaches and contact Jenifer at @TRAVEL EXPRESS (800) 808 - 4868. Use @riflepermits.com http://riflepermits.com/ to assist you in getting your firearms into and out of South Africa. While these folks are Sponsors of AH, they get their respective jobs done efficiently. Use the AH "search function" to lookup your Outfitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH! Good luck on your trip!

Welcome aboard! Use @riflepermits.com for sure if you are set on taking your own

Welcome to AH!
Bid you well on your pending hunt.

Hi
I saw 2 Dubula trucks at Huntershill Safari when I was their in 2017. So for sure they hunt other areas/concessions besides their own. I was their just to hunt Eland with another outfitter who used Huntershill because he did not have Eland on his home property. I would ask them to send you 5 references from USA that hunted the 2019 season. From the clients you will know how they operate. Normally I book my own airfare but with all the Cancellations I had Travel Express book it. I am using Airlink as I used them in 2019 on multiple safaris in South Africa in 2019. JNB to PE and JNB to Kimberly. I had a two gun case and was hit with overages like 50 bucks on each flight back and forth. Stay with them their reliable. A member just posted a hunt with current oversized gun case costs on Airlink from his hunt a month ago. Airlink does require you to notify them 3 days in advance when traveling with guns. I’m hunting in Tanzania before I head to PE for plains game thus using Jennifer at Travel Express so I don’t have any problems. I would definitely go to Addo Elephant Park one day. After you talk to references PM me as this will be my fourth Safari to East Cape with 4 different outfitters. I used African wildlife Artistry in Somerset East -Rudy andCaroline - on my first trip there in 2013 and the last 3 also 16,17,19, and will use them again this year as I know I will get my trophies home 100% sure! Every outfitter will have a different one. Bowker Safaris uses them and they are one of the oldest Safari operators in East Cape!! I used Henry’s agent a lady-riflepermits- to help clear my gun on last trip in 19 for the first time. $60 bucks when they meet you their on arrival date. Probably worth it for you as a first timer. I wouldn’t get an advanced permit. If no one in line your out in 15 minutes. PM me if you like and I’ll send you my phone as it’s easier and I can tell what I know Hotels,shops Etc.
Matt Vejar

Hello,

I bid/won a trip with Dubula Safaris outside Port Elizabeth At a white tails unlimited event. First trip to Africa? I have talked with them and they sound like very nice people. Anyone have and experience with them?

I was considering booking my own travel. It would be from Newark , NJ direct JNB.. and then a seperate ticket the next morning on Airlink. I have done some reading bout a possible large weapons charge if there are two separate tickets booked ? Has anyone else booked a trip like this recently?, any suggestions?

Are there any other airlines that transport fire affront JNB- PLZ?

Thank you
Welcome give Gracy Travel a call .Have used them multiple times.get there meet and greet and let them handle your rifle permits their man Bruce at joberg is the best .

Reactions: CJW
Welcome to AH and good luck on your trip!

Welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianguisy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,