New member Minnesota USA

Welcome! Don't be shy around here. Ask lots of questions and make some new friends.

Welcome to AH, you picked a great place to start your journey to hunt Africa. Hold onto your wallet as the enablers on here will have you buying a new rifle and booking your first safari sooner than you think.

Welcome! Get better soon! I too enjoy reading anything about Africa!

Welcome from another MN hunter. Just back from my first Safari. The preparation guide here is exellent source of information.

Welcome from another MN hunter. Just back from my first Safari. The preparation guide here is exellent source of information.
So, when are you going to give us a report?

Hello Dennis Kilbride,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

As for Africa rifles, it is difficult to beat a sturdy bolt action in caliber .30-06, with a simple but quality 4x scope, in equal quality, low rings.
But if you prefer variable power scopes, those can also work well, provided you are not messing around with the power adjustment ring when you should be shooting, (ask me how I know, LoL).

I like 220 grain bullets in the .30 but, 180 grainers are perfectly adequate.
Likewise, since you are keen about Africa (just like the rest of us), sooner or later you will want a .375 H&H.
But since your recent back surgery, you may have to wait a bit before absorbing what amounts to approximately twice the recoil of the .30-06.

Be all if that as it may, I no longer bring my own rifle across international borders these days.
Instead, I simply rent one from the safari company.
Many outfits have accurate rifles for rent to clients.
Khomas Safaris certainly has a decent rack full of rifles and shotguns to rent.

Anyway, thank you for joining.
Glad you are here and hopefully your back will heal fast and complete.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH Dennis, this is the place to get the sniff.

welcome welcome welcome

just hosted a gent who had a few back surgeries including a fusion. all went well on safari

regards

Welcome and a speedy recovery.

Welcome to AH! A lot of like-minded people here.
If you are interested in our services please do not hesitate to contact us.

Welcome to AH!

A little late but welcome. I down in Southern MN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlinegambling-review

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you