New Member... Looking to book a Safari..

huzilulu

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Ive lurked on here for a while, and recently posted a query on moving my old trophies back to the US.. But I think I need to introduce myself first!

I'm Huzi! Born in Nebraska, grew up in Texas, and have been living in Dubai for the last decade... Im moving back home to Houston next Summer, and I've been wanting to setup another hunt for sometime next year... My target this time is the elusive Leopard!

I've searched online and found a couple options - Namibia, Zimbabwe, and Tanzania... But Im looking for a 'deal' somewhere with a reputed outfitter, so please advise if you guys have any good recommendations...

Thanks!!

Welcome aboard! Best of luck in your search!

Many successful leopard hunts have been had in a 3 of those countries. Not sure if you can find a "deal" in TZ, but you never know. I would add Zambia to list for leopard also, lots of daylight cats taken there every year.

Welcome aboard Huzi. The outfitter / sponsors of AH get vetted by our members on an almost daily basis. They either "walk the walk" or suffer the consequences. I'm sure they will be getting in touch with you. Read all the previous posts you can on leopard hunting. I've never hunted them myself, but from what other AH members have posted they are an illusive animal to say the least. I guessing that the overall success rate is well under 50% regardless of the outfitter used.

Welcome to AH Huzi! Oh am I jealous of your future leopard hunt! Best of luck!

Welcome sir. I’ll be hunting for leopard again in May of 2019 in Namibia. This will be my second attempt at the great spotted one. Feel free to send me a private message I would be happy to give you some insight.

Good luck with the hunt, welcome aboard!

Welcome
I wish you luck finding a deal. Cancellations do come up. Stay on top of it and you might find your deal.

Welcome to AH Huzi!

Welcome to AH! A "deal" is most likely to be found in a cancellation hunt. There are outfitters now starting to put more stock in a higher trophy fee and lesser daily rates. This raises the incentive for the outfitter to put you on a cat. Namibia is likely your least expensive for leopard, but also likely the most difficult to be successful.

Welcome to AH !

Thank you everyone... I currently only have 1 'offer' from my previous PH who I hunted with in Tanzania and SA - he recommends Nuanetsi in Zimbabwe... However, I am keeping my eyes and ears open the next few months to see what pop ups, or I will take him up on his offer... Hope to see some of you around in the future as I start visiting shows from next year...

Welcome sir!

Welcome to AH

Welcome. What sort of deal? Send me a message with your requirements and let me see if I can match it!

Hi Huzi.

Welcome to AH. We sent you a private message.

Welcome to AH, planning your first safari is half the fun.

Husilulu,

Welcome to the best forum in the world.
When you get a spare minute, have a look at:

www.Khomas-Highland-Hunting-Safaris.com

We have quite a few leopard in our area (located within approximately 4 million acres of not game fenced mountains, in north / central Namibia).
When a permit becomes available, the hunter success rate is quite high there, due to the abundance of cats and the low number of permits available.

No matter who you book with, I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers,
Paul.

PS:
We are now able to also offer buffalo and elephant hunting.
These two species are available in the Zambezi Region of Namibia (formerly known as the Caprivi Strip Region).

Last edited:
Husilulu,

Welcome to the best forum in the world.
When you get a spare minute, have a look at:

www.Khomas-Highland-Hunting-Safaris.com

We have quite a few leopard in our area (located within approximately 4 million acres of not game fenced mountains, in north / central Namibia).
When a permit becomes available, the hunter success rate is quite high there, due to the abundance of cats and the low number of permits available.

No matter who you book with, I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers,
Paul.

PS:
We are now able to also offer buffalo and elephant hunting.
These two species are available in the Zambezi Region of Namibia (formerly known as the Caprivi Strip Region).

Hello again husilulu,

With my apology, our web site is actually:

www.khomas-highland-hunting.com

OK, this is weird, our web address is also always attached the bottom edge of my posts.
When I tap on it, our web site opens every time.
But when I tap on the one I have put into the line above this paragraph, it says “cannot open”.
Computers dislike me personally.

(Anyway, if viewing from a cell phone, for some reason it shows only when you turn the phone onto it’s side.)

Kind Regards,
Paul.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg