New member looking for a contact

Butch Lambert

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
I'm from Poetry, Texas. I love hunting, gunsmithing, and Benchrest Shooting. I'm looking for contact info for Stu Taylor. After his accident I bought the metal work for a 458 Lott that was being built for him. Haven't heard how well that he has recovered and his well being. I hope that Stu is doing well. Below is his rifle. Metal work by Dennis Olson, wood blank by Roger Vardy in Australia, and Jim Kobe did the stockwork.

42qys.jpg

35iyy42.jpg

Attachments

• 35iyy42.jpg
    35iyy42.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 270
  • 42qys.jpg
    42qys.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 281
Hey Butch. Welcome to AH.

That is a beautiful rifle.

Stu had a pretty rough time for a while, but I have not heard anything about him recently. I did email a link to this thread to a friend who knows Stu and also post on here. Hopefully he responds when he wakes up in the morning.

Hey Butch. Welcome to AH.

That is a beautiful rifle.

Stu had a pretty rough time for a while, but I have not heard anything about him recently. I did email a link to this thread to a buddy who knows Stu and also post on here. Hopefully he responds when he wakes up in the morning.

Sir, you are very kind, Thanks

Welcome to AH Butch!

Welcome to AH!

What a fantastic looking stock!

Last I heard Stu was challenging the proficiency again and was going to lead some hunts.
I hope Mikes contact gets back here and helps you out.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm getting old enough, 76yrs, and think my hunting days are slipping by. I have a few nice big rifle caliber rifles, but don't know if I'll be able to use them.
My old 416 Rigby
23k7kac.jpg

2zz48xx.jpg

I have some pretty rifles, but they shoot well and need to be used.
Thanks for all the welcomes.

Attachments

• 23k7kac.jpg
    23k7kac.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 2zz48xx.jpg
    2zz48xx.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 225
Hey Butch, welcome aboard. I know the guys (and gals) here will like your rifles. Hope you post more of the pics you had on the other site. :)

Welcome Butch! You’ve got some truly handsome rifles! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys. I'm getting old and don't get around like I used too. I'm kinda stuck with rubbing the stocks on my rifles and out at the gun range. I've found if I use my Lott on the squirrels here at the house, I don't have to skin and quarter them.
Kinda like when I use my 375 on the groundhogs around here, not much butchering required.

Hi Butch, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH, Butch! That is one beautiful rifle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg