Bowhunter_ml

Reaction score
Deals & offers
Member of
SCI, NAHC
Hunted
USA, Canada, Namibia
Hello all!
While I have been a member since early 2009 I have sat back and sifted through all of the info that comes through these forums without getting involved. I am normally quite shy and anti-social but I feel it is time to get more involved in something I am becoming very passionate with.

Hunting Africa!

I have been fantasizing about Africa since I was a young boy reading about Fred Bear, Jack O'Connor and many others but it took years before I realized if I was ever going to hunt Africa I just had to take the plunge.

In 2008 I booked with Agagia in central Namibia near Okahandja. Since I am an archer at heart the Neethling's bowhunting only style was what I really was looking for! (No offense meant to all of the gun hunters out there) From the minute my wife and I landed I was hooked. This wasn't going to be a once in a life time trip! I am coming back ASAP.

While at Agagia I shot Oryx, Black Wildebeest, Eland, and several warthogs. Sometimes when you wait so long for something so special the experience is a let down. This trip was truly special. In the months before my trip my anticipation continued to mount. I am not ashamed to say that when my arrow struck home and I was standing over my 1st African kill I shed a few tears thanking the good Lord for what He has given me!

Since that trip I have been engrossed in everything about Africa. I must admit, this is THE BEST SITE I have found. Everyone treats everyone else with the utmost respect.

Hopefully I have not embarrassed myself too badly here. While I am a poor American (and proud of it) I hope you will allow me to be part of your world.

Mike Langrehr
Wisconsin USA

Hi Mike, welcome to the amazing world of African game hunting thru the AfricaHunting.com. Welcome aboard, it's a very informative site as u must be aware.
Welcome again.

Regards

Monish

Hi Mike,

Welcome to AH, hope you will enjoy it here.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums, nice to have another person from Wisconsin on here.

Eric Nysse

Welcome to AH. Well Mike thank you for your great introduction! I appreciate the kind words about the site and am glad that you are finding value and enjoyment from it. I think many here can relate with you in how you feel about Africa and how a "once in a lifetime" trip turned into "I'll be back as soon as I can". Looking forward to your participation in our community.

Welcome to the forum....sounds like you've been around a while now already though!

Mike, welcome aboard.

AH is the most informative site i have ever visited. Just don't get much time to take in all that is offered here. Jerome has done a great job.

I will let you all know how trip #3 goes to Africa (Namibia) as soon as i get that permit for Leopard now that it will open again.

Roger Heintzman

Thanks everyone, I already feel like one of the family! Hopefully one day I can contribute from my experiences on the dark continent as well.

Mike

Welcome to A/H Bowhunter ml. Surely you are one of a big hunting family now.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois