Stretch

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA , Canada, Botswana
I am a new member here on Africa Hunting.com. My wife and I are avid archery hunters.
I have been fortunate to shoot many animals (approx 200) in North America over the past 35 years. I have always dreamed of hunting Africa and it looks like my dream is going to come true. I do a limited amount of rifle and muzzle-loader hunting for deer but I mostly like to bow-hunt. My wife (Packsy) and I have been married for 32 years. Two years ago she decided to try bow-hunting and has managed to put three animals on the ground. Most important we are sharing a common interest at the same time enriching our lives absorbing the splendor of the great outdoors. I have been reading some of the post on the forum and can see the passion to help others. Thanks for allowing my wife and I to gather and share information with all of you.

Welcome !

Always good to hear from keen hunters . My Dad is the person I know that likes hunting the most . He usually runs out of bullets

Welcom to the forum Stretch. You will love the site. PM sent

Welcome to AH.
Dive in, Africa awaits.

Welcome to AH Stretch! So Packsy got a bigger ram then you, hehe. Enjoy the site if you have any questions feel free to ask away.

Thank for the nice welcome everyone.
I can see already that joining AH will only be a big pleasure.
My fear is that once I am in Africa running out of money b4 I run out of arrows.
Ya-ya-ya I never seem to hear the end of "ha-ha my rams bigger than your ram."

My fear is that once I am in Africa running out of money b4 I run out of arrows.
Ya-ya-ya I never seem to hear the end of "ha-ha my rams bigger than your ram."

It's great isn't it, my wife Deb here on AH is my hunting partner as well and to tell the truth I would give up every one of my trophies for the pleasure of seeing her take'm but don't tell her that. as I stated in one of my other post I ask my wife if she would like to go to China on tour for 12 days or go back to South Africa hunting, Guess where we're going in May/June of this year. ;)

Welcome Stretch and Packsy. Nice to see some died in the wool bowhunters join this wonderful forum. Yes it easy to run out of money before you run out of arrows on a bowhunt, but that is the thrill of it, you just never know what you will have an opportunity to shoot. Not only that, but once you go, you will return time and time again. If you have not booked already with an outfitter (booked solid for 2012) I have one that I highly recommend. Give me a shout if you would like to talk.

It is great to have a hunting partner/wife. I am glad to hear that you also have a wife to share your experiences with. I ask my wife the same basic question....do you want to go on a warm weather beach vacation or do you want to go on a hunt? Were going hunting. It is fun to pass on the wisdom gained from my years of experience as I coach her. As bow-hunters we will be together in a waterhole hide so we can share the excitement.

I wish you and your wife all the best on your hunt. Shoot straight my friend.

Welcome to AH Stretch! Great to have you and your wife as part of our community.

Welcome to AH Stretch from a fellow stick-flicker. When you finally do go, can't wait to see some pictures and hear the stories.

nd

Stretch welcome to AH, sure you'll find it a source of usefull information, Enjoy!

My best always!

My fear is that once I am in Africa running out of money b4 I run out of arrows...."

The magic of Africa will entice you to visit and then draw you back time and time again... Enjoy the planning process - it is a huge part of the safari!

Welcome to the forum:)

Welcome and looking forward to the discussions and stories of your first safari!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the forum, Stretch !

It s great that you can share your passion for hunting with your wife.

The more people I meet - the more I like this site.

Welcome, it's a great site, lots of information from folks who know the questions and the answers. I notice quite a few Wisconsin folks joining lately, is there a AH forum bug going around up there?

Wisconsin has a lot of dedicated hunters. Approximately 600K gun hunters and 300K bow hunters. We have so busy milking cows, making cheese and toilet paper we just heard about Africa. Watch it they let the cheese-heads out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg