New Member from West Texas

Mosin9130

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a new member who is located in West Texas and like most, if not all on this forum, I've always dreamed of going to Africa to hunt not only the Big 5 but the plains game as well. Up to this point, I've only really hunted birds (pheasant, duck, crow, etc) so I'm going to be leaning on the community here a lot to "get up to speed" on hunting North American game so as to better prepare myself for a planned African hunt in 2018/19. I'm gonna have a lot of questions but I know the SEARCH function is one's best friend on forums like these.

A little about myself...I'm an Engineer by degree, married to my college sweetheart with two little kids (2.5 and 5 yrs old), love collecting tractors (Allis Chalmers) and WWII firearms (hence my screen name), and like tinkering with anything car related. I'm really looking forward to learning as much as I can from you all on this forum.

Welcome, always glad to see a fellow Texan. You'll find a treasure trove of knowledge here mixed in with some occasional humor!

Welcome to AH...

read and enjoy the forum.

Howdy! Enjoy the site!

Where abouts in West Texas?

Lean away, there are plenty of folks here to support your inquiries.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome aboard!

Mosin welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH

Welcome from a fellow Texan!

Welcome to AH and enjoy the ride.

Welcome to AH! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Welcome to AH
You picked the correct site to plan your African Safari and to learn everything you need to know about hunting.

Welcome to the posting side. Enjoy.:)

Welcome to AH. Glad to have you join our community.

That makes 3 engineers just on this thread! What kind of engineer are you?
I hold a Bachelors Degree in Engineering myself.

All the best in your research and please don't hesitate to drop us an email or personal mail should you require any info on hunting in Africa.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome aboard! Always great to see another Texan join the family. I'm not an engineer but have been cooped up in a conference room with several for the last eight weeks conducting a process hazard analysts. Sure glad I'm East Cape bound in a few weeks.

Hey Marius, make sure the beer is cold when I get there. :D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross