New Member from Virginia

Hello there fellow Virginian. Great place to start is right here. More info on this site than you can shake a stick at. By the way what part of Virginia you from.
Im from Roanoke! Thanks for the warm welcome. There is ALOT of information here to get caught up on!

Im from Roanoke! Thanks for the warm welcome. There is ALOT of information here to get caught up on!

I’m from lee county right in the western tip wedged between Tennessee and Kentucky. I have a hunt booked with KMG hunting safaris in late April. If you are looking for a hunt contact Marius. He is very personable and will respond to your questions and is great to reply quickly. Lots of great hunt reports also.

Awesome! Have you hunted with them before? The problem I'm ruhnning into now is that there are alot of Outfitters and I do want to get the most bang for my buck without breaking the bank too hard.

Awesome! Have you hunted with them before? The problem I'm ruhnning into now is that there are alot of Outfitters and I do want to get the most bang for my buck without breaking the bank too hard.

This my first hunt with them and Africa so I can give you info when I get back. They hunt the Eastern Cape province and I think he does Namibia also. I did a ton of research when I was planning. If the Eastern Cape is something you are interested in I would give him a call and let him give you a quote for your hunt. There are a lot of good ones on this site. Do research and get prices that a lot of the process.

Welcome to AH AfricaDrmr!

Awesome. Yes please keep me updated. The eastern cape is definitely an option. Right now the three plains game trophies I'm interested in are Gembok, Zebra, and blue wildebeest. I cannot afford any of the big 5 but I'll have a lion hunt before I'm dead. After you get please let me know the total cost including taxidermy and shipping. That's a hard one to calculate.

Welcome to AH! I live in VA as well but I am up north now. Went to Virginia Tech so I am really familiar with that area. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I will see if I can dig up some shipping and taxidermy quotes/receipts for you.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH! Lot of great outfitters on here to choose from for a hunt!

Hey there everybody. New young hunter here trying to plan my first trip to Africa and need all the help I can get! I'm a blue collar guy who has always wanted to go on safari and now I'm officially planning my first trip. Any ideas where to start? Not 100% I know what I'm getting into but I want to an adventure I won't forget. Thanks for any help or advice!

Welcome @AfricaDrmr

You can rest assured you are not the first with all these questions on where to start and will definitely not be the last.
Our website below contains detailed information on planning your trip form start to finish.

Have a read trough it. Its guaranteed to make your planning process easier.

Good luck and have fun.

Regards

Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place AfricaDrmr!

Welcome AfricaDrmr! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Hey there everybody. New young hunter here trying to plan my first trip to Africa and need all the help I can get! I'm a blue collar guy who has always wanted to go on safari and now I'm officially planning my first trip. Any ideas where to start? Not 100% I know what I'm getting into but I want to an adventure I won't forget. Thanks for any help or advice!

I'm a bit late to this thread, but welcome to AH nonetheless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg