New member from Vermont!

erikd11

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA
Greetings Africa Hunting community! I've been lurking on this site for a while now and finally decided its time to join in on the fun. I am from Vermont, USA and have been an avid hunter all my life. I look forward to meeting other members and being a part of this community as I plan a way to make it to Africa myself to hunt. I have spent time in the Brazilian pantanal region on the border with paraguay and bolivia, and have good local connections if anyone would like to talk about Jaguar (onca pintada) hunting in that region.

As a side note, I have recently inherited my grandfathers Africa collection. If anyone has interest in (ammo) kynoch .600NE, .500NE, .450NE, .450/.400NE, .458 Winchester Magnum, or (bullets) .500 kynoch, send me a PM. I will be posting a follow up thread with pics, quantity and price.

USMC 2/2 SSP 2005-'09 and lifetime NRA member

Cheers!
Erik

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH Erik! Glad you decided to join us! WOW a jaguar hunt would be an exceptionally unique experience! Have you done this?
Thanks for your service!

Welcome to AH Erik! Looking forward to your contribution.

Welcome aboard Erik. Did your grandpa just collect ammo, or did he have firearms as well?

Welcome to AH Erik! Glad you decided to join us! WOW a jaguar hunt would be an exceptionally unique experience! Have you done this?
Thanks for your service!

Thanks! I haven't as I was in the area traveling on motorcycle, it didn't fit into my schedule. I did, however, meet several local hunters who offered assistance in providing a hunt should I re-visit Paraguay. I'm not sure if they were talking about hunting or darting, as I was under the impression that SA jags could only be darted... I think its still one of those places where locals hunt regardless of the rules, its WILD in the chaco.

Welcome aboard Erik. Did your grandpa just collect ammo, or did he have firearms as well?

Thanks! He was an avid hunter and firearm collector. Most of his firearms were sold the years before he passed. I'll have to look through his slides to see when and where he hunted. Our family is keeping his impressive hide and mount collection. The ones I recognize are a cape buffalo mount, zebra hide, ostrich hides, various monkey hides, elephant tusks and hair bracelets, and many other ungulate hides and mounts. I do recall a story that he was one of the first recorded game hunters of the nile lechwee, and he accidentally started a brush fire by holding his bifocal glasses at his side at the wrong angle while on hunt in Sudan.
:E Doh:

Welcome!!

Welcome to AH, Erik.
Thank you for your service.

Hi Erik, welcome to AH !

Welcome to our place Erik

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasovWoogy

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg