New member from South Africa

Welcome to AH, Radi !

Well Radi it’s obvious you know how to compose some very fine pictures!
Thanks

Welcome to AH Radi. What species have you hunted in the past? What kind and caliber rifles do you own? Do you have any Pics. and stories of previous hunts that you are willing to share with us?

Dear Radi
Welcome to this great Forum.
It was a wise decision to join. Enjoy interacting.

Welcome to AH Radi. What species have you hunted in the past? What kind and caliber rifles do you own? Do you have any Pics. and stories of previous hunts that you are willing to share with us?

Hi Shootist43.
Thanks for the welcom. Living in SA I have been fortunate to be able to do quite a bit of hunting. My budget has never allowed any of the BIG stuff (yet) but I’m working on it! Over the years I have hunted most of the usual plains game species in SA. Steenbuck, common duiker, springbuck, reedbuck, bushbuck, impala, blesbuck, nyala, kudu, gemsbuck, red hartebeest, black & blue wildebeest, waterbuck, zebra, eland, Bush pig and warthog. All my hunts except for problem animal control (baboon, jackal, porcupine, caracal) are always for venison. I’m sure most of the forum members that have visited Africa have tried some Biltong (jerky). I make my own Biltong and droëwors (cured sausage) but actually most of the meat goes as table fare. Eland has some of the best meat ever!!
Regarding calibers, I started out with a Mauser K98 in 7x64 breneke, it is similar to the 280 Remington but predates it by 40 odd years. It’s a great caliber! For many years it was my only rifle as it did everything I asked of it! My second rifle was a 22-250 Winchester mod 70. Over the years I have gotten my hands on a few more rifles. At the moment in the safe there are a Ruger 10-22, NEF Handi .223, Savage LRP .260, Tikka T3 varmint 300WSM, Ruger no 1 in 375H&H and 45-70Govt. Only recently I discovered the great .44 rem mag. I got a 7,5 inch Ruger redhawk revolver and after playing around with it I bought a marlin 1894 lever action which I’m still waiting for the license!
I actually have very few pictures of my hunts, as I mentioned I generally only hunt for venison and rarely took the time to take some pictures. I guess we are spoiled in Africa when it comes to hunting. These days since everyone has a cellphone with a camera there are a few more pictures and I will definitely share some of mine in the near future. Thanks again for the warm welcome, to everyone.

Good day to all.
Even though I read several forums this is the first time I’ve ever written something, so crossing fingers this post is in the correct place??

I am a avid hunter/shooter/reloader from sunny South Africa. I guided photographic safaris throughout South and East Africa for 10 years and conducted “Biltong” hunts for locals for a couple of years. For the last few years I have been in the poultry industry and work all over the world.
I have a great love for all firearms especially single shot rifles. My latest acquisition (a Ruger no 1 in 450-400NE) actually got me to sign up on the forum. I always appreciate learning from others and look forward to sharing the little I know.
Thanks for the acceptance.
Radi

Welcome to this great and informative forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois