New member from PA

Welcome to AH and congratulations on booking your first Africa adventure! I’m sure it won’t be your last! Kowas has a very good reputation. I believe you will have a grand trip!

Welcome to AH. Hope you will share pictures after the hunt.

Welcome to AH. Look forward to your write up of your safari.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH Jim!

:S Welcome: What part of Pennsy?

Welcome to our place Jim

Welcome to our forum Jim!

Hi Jim, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH, Jim. Great choice on your outfit.

All the best with your safari and we look forward to the photos.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome aboard Jim K. What are you planning to hunt? Will you be taking your own rifle(s)?

To answer questions

I am from South central pa just north of town of greencastle

We are hunting plains game. My son who will be 10 almost 11 is to go with me. Animals on my list are Kudu,gemsbuck,mountain zebra,waterbuck or whatever shows up. My son will go for the smaller stuff like impala and warthog, steenbuck etc

My rifle will be my custom 700 338-06

I have ordered a Cooper custom classic left handed 257 Roberts for my son

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH!

Hello everyone

Newer member here. I have been lurking for a while now reading. Went to Dallas safari club and booked hunt with Kowas for 2020. It will be my first safari

Looking forward to the info and advise from everyone here

Jim
Welcome Jim K. You will have a great safari in Namibia. Happy planning

Welcome and enjoy

Jim K, I have taken my 35 Whelen to Africa twice. The first time as the larger rifle for PG like Kudu, Gemsbuck, Waterbuck & Wildebeest. I also wound up taking a cull female Eland. The second trip it was the smaller rifle used on Nyala and Sable. Those animals are quite a bit larger than our White tails. Correct shot placement will be required. There is a small paperback titled "The Perfect Shot Mini Edition for Africa II" that will prove invaluable. They are relatively cheap under $20.00.

To answer questions

I am from South central pa just north of town of greencastle

We are hunting plains game. My son who will be 10 almost 11 is to go with me. Animals on my list are Kudu,gemsbuck,mountain zebra,waterbuck or whatever shows up. My son will go for the smaller stuff like impala and warthog, steenbuck etc

My rifle will be my custom 700 338-06

I have ordered a Cooper custom classic left handed 257 Roberts for my son

Good cartridges all around and will be a good hunt. Will you both be shooting off of sticks? Good luck and don't forget to practice. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg