New member from Ontario, Canada

Welcome aboard Martin. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what (specifically) have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. Do you have a timeframe in mind for your next African hunt? Have you chosen an outfitter and or a location for it? Is there anything on the menu besides Cape Buffalo?

Aardwolf (I like that!), welcome to the AF forum! Looking forward to reading a hunt report from you.

Hello Aardwolf / Martin,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog / Paul.

The Leafs and................oh right, forgot about that "team" ;)
Leafs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Martin. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what (specifically) have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. Do you have a timeframe in mind for your next African hunt? Have you chosen an outfitter and or a location for it? Is there anything on the menu besides Cape Buffalo?
Hello all,

Here are the species I have hunted over the years, ranked in overall hunting effort and success rate: Whitetail Deer (in the Canadian provinces of Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec & Saskatchewan and in New York State, USA), Canada Moose (in the provinces of Newfoundland and Quebec), Black Bear (in the provinces of New Brunswick and Quebec) and Quebec-Labrador Caribou (in Quebec). I hunted American Elk once in Colorado. I have been successful bagging these 5 North American species.

I was in South Africa twice, first in 2004 (Kwazulu-Natal) then in 2006 (KZN and Free State). The outcome of my 2004 hunt was an Impala, a Burchell's Zebra, a Grey Duiker, a Cape Eland, a Greater Kudu and a Warthog. In 2006 I bagged the following species: a Blesbok, two Springboks, a Mountain Reedbuck, a Blue Wildebeest, a Black Wildebeest, a Red Hartebeest and a Nyala.

I own rifles in 30-30 Win, 270 Win, 243 Win, 45-70 Govt, 300 WSM, 223 Remington, 7mm-08 Remington, 17 HMR and 22 LR. I am a competitive pistol shooter and I shoot 9mm Luger. I handload for all the calibers mentioned previously, except for the 30-30 Win and of course the rimfires (22 LR and 17 HMR).

The next African trip will be a retirement gift to myself. I am close to retirement but I am not ready yet...I haven't spent time seriously researching potential locations. I would like to focus on getting a good Cape Buffalo, but I may get tempted to hunt other species if the opportunity arises.

Last edited:
Welcome!!

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you as part of our community. If you are interested in our services please do not hesitate to contact us.

Welcome to AH! Hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to the best forum! Enjoy! Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

Welcome! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.