New member from Moscow, Russia.

Mishigun

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Rowland Ward Guild
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, CAR, Ethiopia, Mozambique.
Good hunting to everybody.
My name is Mike Shukis and I live in Moscow, Russia. I am a free lance gun/hunting writer, and a hunting consultant. Most of my clients are Russians, but, I have a few from other countries too. I love both of my jobs; one allows me to spend roughly 100-120 days per year in the hunting areas, mostly in Africa; thanx to another, I get to share my experiences with fellow hunters thru the pages of Russian hunting magazines, though I should write more often. I understand that everything has been invented and discovered, that's why I mostly rely on the experience of the real professionals, the African PHs. I am lucky to have quite a few good friends among them. I am a rifle nut, as I love everything with a rifling. This is the 1st time that I am participating in any forums. So, I am not familiar with a lot of stuff here. But, I'd love to learn more, and, I will share that little that I happen to know.

Welcome Mishigun. I would love to see some Russian hunting storys too.

Welcome to the forum... You will enjoy the posts and looking forward on hearing some huntign stories from your side of the world.

Don't hesitate to as if you have questions!

Best regards,

Jacques

Welcome Mishigun.

Hey, Jacques.
Great to heat from you.
Are you at Hartzhhoogte now? Look at my name, buddy, you've guided several of my clients that I have booked with Wintershoek. and very successfully. How are you doing?

Welcome, Mishigun. I know you will enjoy the forum! What do you hunt, and what with?

Welcome greetings from Namibia

We want to welcome you all the way from Namibia. Enjoy this informative site. One stop for all your information needed...look no further!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome, Mishigun.

A warm greeting to a fellow from the mother land...

Mike, welcome to AH
So, "hunting consultant" translation: booking agent?
Hope to read some of your tales soon.

Hi Mike!
Welcome to the forum. Great to have another member with your experience join the AH family.
Good to have you onboard.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Welcome to AH Mike! Great to have you join our community and looking forward to your participation. Do you have a website?

Welcome to AH!

Thanx a lot to everybody for the warm greetings.
Honestly, gentlemen, I feel like I have walked into a room, apparently not knowing anybody. But, there's Jacques Spamer, with whom i have shared camp on a few occasions in Northern Cape, and, there's Danie Strauss; and though I never got to hunt with Danie, but, we've been corresponding for quite some time. It feels great. I am among friends. Thank you, from the bottom of my rifling heart. My experience is only as good as the Phs that I choose for my clients. And, I have learned to choose very good ones. And, I listen to what they have to say about guns, and, buffalo, etc.
My personal obsession is buffalo, and, elephant, and, I love bushbuck and kudu, in any country and in any habitat. But, once I happened to eat a piece of the bleeding heart of my 1st grizzly, and, that animal was the center of my dreams when I lived in Alaska... and it still is.
Thanx again, and, good hunting!

Welcome to AH Mike! Looking forward to your hunting stories.

Welcome Mike! I'd like to read some of your stories about hunting in Russia.

Wecome

Welcome to the forum. It has a wealth of information. You will enjoy and profit by it!
What is the weather like in Russia?
We have anything between 38 to 45 degrees dring the day in the shade. Thick cloads building in the sky. Hope that we get a few showers.

Thanx, Baobab.
I am already enjoying it. Lots of useful stuff. Nice people too.
as for the weather, there's nothing unusual for this time of the year. The temps are around 0 Centigrade. Yesterday it was snowing like hell. Today, it's just plain ugly. There will be lots of accidents during the coming week. As you probably know, traffic in Moscow is like nowhere else. Forget about NYC, or Chicago - kids' stuff. But, we'll survive. Russian winter usually surprises government people on all levels. They just can't seem to accept the fact that before the middle of November we are going to have cold and snow, lots of it. And, for them, it's like: oh, shit, who could have thought about it!!!
Anyway, what you have is paradise. And, we live in Russia.

Regards,
Mike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.