New member from Kentucky

Welcome to AH! I don’t have any experience with the 416 Taylor, but there are those here who do. Please let me know if you have any questions on hunting in South Africa.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forums, planning your first is a big part of the adventure. Best wishes-

Giday Kentucky Windage and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to AH. Several on this site use the .416 Taylor and would be more than happy to assist you.
Have you been to Africa before?
Where in KY are you located. I’m originally from across the river from Cincinnati.

Hey guys, I’m new to AH and am planning a trip to South Africa in the next few years. I’m currently building a rifle on an old Mauser action for dangerous and plains game in .416 Taylor. If anyone has experience with shooting and reloading this round let me know!
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH. Several on this site use the .416 Taylor and would be more than happy to assist you.
Have you been to Africa before?
Where in KY are you located. I’m originally from across the river from Cincinnati.

I’ve never been. I’m from central KY, nearby the Makers Mark distillery. My wife’s family is across the river from Cincinnati.
Hunting Buffalo is the top of my bucket list but I think I’ll take a trip for plains game to get my feet wet. Hoping to use this one rifle as my all around African piece. Looking forward to learning about the different species and areas of Africa.

Good luck with your build.
Welcome to AH.

Welcome aboard. Great group of guys here.

Welcome to AH!

:S Welcome:

Welcome, enjoy the process of booking, packing, then taking your first safari!! I cannot help out on the .416, I'm not man enough to shoot such a gun!!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois