New Member From California

gundog5

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Cape Buffalo and plains game
Hello all. I am from the foothills east of Sacramento Ca. I am a retired Police Officer, avid hunter and shooter. I have hunted Alaska, Canada, all the western states and have hunted in Tanzania, So. Africa and Namibia. Glad to have found this group.

buffalo2 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH gundog5! Glad you found us and looking forward to your input.

Foothills east of Sacramento? Up Hwy 50? We’re kind of neighbors.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH Gundog, you have done a lot so far.

Welcome to AH gundog5. I look forward to your input and recap of your experiences.

Giday gundog5 and welcome to the A H forums.

Start sharing the tales of those African hunts.
Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH. Sounds like you would have some good stories to share.

Hello all. I am from the foothills east of Sacramento Ca. I am a retired Police Officer, avid hunter and shooter. I have hunted Alaska, Canada, all the western states and have hunted in Tanzania, So. Africa and Namibia. Glad to have found this group.

View attachment 494164
Hi Gundog! Welcome!
We seem to have much in common. I was raised in California in the Napa Valley. I moved out of the state many years ago, but my best buddy lives near Placerville. We used to hunt off of Hiway 50 and backpacked nto the Desolation Wilderness where we took several fine bucks over the years. I've hunted in Zimbabwe twice, once in 1983 and again I this year. Yeah, I know, that's 39 years between safaris, but I had to retire from the Washington DOC. Not exactly a police officer, but similar.
Nice buff, so tell us s story!
Doug

unnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! Sounds like you’ve experienced quite a bit in the hunting world. What’s next for your hunting bucket list?

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahocougs89

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!