New Member from California

6.8KLR

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada, Mexico-- USA, Missouri, New Mexico, Colorado, Michigan, Indiana, Arizona, California, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana
Greetings to ya'all. Lifelong Hunter and Fisherman.

Found this Board thru Gerry, vongruff of New Zealand. He built a most awesome hunting and skinning knife for me. I am well pleased.

Africa Hunting is a great place to be, Thanks for the Welcome P.H.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard. I agree Garry makes awesome knives. I have two of them. What have you hunted in the past? What kind and caliber rifles do you own? do you reload? Do you have any thoughts or dreams of hunting Africa?

Welcome to AH 6.8KLR!

6.8KLR welcome to a great forum! Enjoy and start planning a trip to Africa!
Best

Welcome aboard. I agree Garry makes awesome knives. I have two of them. What have you hunted in the past? What kind and caliber rifles do you own? do you reload? Do you have any thoughts or dreams of hunting Africa?
Thanks for the welcome......I have hunted Canada, Mexico and most of the western states here at home. I live in the mountains so I hunt the local game including Black Bear and Mule Deer and various upland game birds.
I have a .458 Win. Mag. Bolt gun,.338 Win. Mag. Ruger No. 1, .280 Rem. M700 and of course the .30-06 in a Rem. 7400. Plus various centerfire .223's
Africa is one of those dreams that I carry around all day everyday on my mind.......Safari is in the works but I have many questions to ask......Oh and I Handload Everything. Love the Barnes Bullets.
............Have a gooday Shootist43...........Mike.

Hi and welcome from another Ca guy. Been to Africa 2 times and loved it. 1st time for 20 days with my daughter and this year for a month by myself. PM me if you want to talk about anything. I have hunted Ca, Nev and WY but want to hunt other states. I would like to pick your brain about other states if you are willing.
You will enjoy this site.

Welcome:S Welcome:to AH

I also have two of Gerry's knives that I recently purchased and looking forward to putting them to good use.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH

Welcome:S Welcome:to AH

I also have two of Gerry's knives that I recently purchased and looking forward to putting them to good use.

Here is my hunter skinner from Garry.

IMG_20170708_184513.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear 6.8KLR
Welcome to this great Forum. Enjoy interacting.
Are you planning your next destination for your next safari?

Welcome! What part of "The People's Republic of California" are you from? I have a friend that is about an hour south of Reno and he has quite a few critters running around his place, including black bears.

I have a @Von Gruff knife waiting for me when I get back to the state later this week.

@6.8KLR Great to see you have joined us here Mike.

Welcome to AH 6.8KLR! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg