Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Hunted
Europe, America, Canada, Africa
Hello. Been on the site as an anonymous visitor many many times. Have learned a lot from many of you. Thank you for sharing your experience (always), your humor (often), your wisdom (more often than not), your passion (no, really?) and your patience (sometimes).
Been hunting for 40+ years in Europe and US/Canada. Experienced with Chamois (European mountain goat), Roe Deer (European deer), Sanglier (wild boar), Whitetail Deer, Black Bear, Moose, etc. Never been to Africa. Was poised to do it 20 years ago but had to send 5 kids through college; 'nough said, right? My Jules Burry .450 #2 ended up killing tuition bills instead of buffalo...
Out of that stage of life now, and planning to go this year for a cow buffalo hunt and some cull plains game. All I can afford at the time...
Shooting a Mauser 66 (telescopic action predecessor to the Blaser) in .458 Lott / Docter Sight with A Square Dead Tough and Monolithic Solids left over from 20 years ago, for what stomps; a CZ 550 in .416 Rigby / S&B 1.25-4x20 30 mm with A Frames for what bites; a Weatherby .340 / Zeiss 2.5-10x48 30 mm and a Winchester Classic 70 in .300 wby / S&B 1.5-6x42 30 mm with Nosler Partitions for the rest.
Looking forward to keep learning; maybe sharing a few things learned here and there, from the French Alps to Newfoundland and British Columbia, to America; and always continuing dreaming of THAT day.
Thank you all in advance.

Welcome to AH One Day...! Nice to have you on the posting side...

Welcome to AH!

Hello and welcome!

welcome and with some planning I am sure you will get to Africa soon. Cow buff I think is a good choice for a lower cost hunt.

Welcome to AH from the bottom of the hill!

Enjoy the posting side. Welcome.

Welcome One day...! Here’s wishing you a grand first trip to Africa! You’ll be hooked!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome! Seems that you still have some good shooting irons left even if you had to let go of your 450! I feel for you, regardless how much you love your kids, it is always hard to part with a dear rifle!
I spend a fair amount of time in the great state of AZ chasing critters.
Cheers,
Cody

Welcome to the Dark Side

Welcome to AH! Enjoy the site.

Welcome to AH ..
Also in Az 4 months of the year ! Enjoy the Forum !!!

Hello. Been on the site as an anonymous visitor many many times. Have learned a lot from many of you. Thank you for sharing your experience (always), your humor (often), your wisdom (more often than not), your passion (no, really?) and your patience (sometimes).
Been hunting for 40+ years in Europe and US/Canada. Experienced with Chamois (European mountain goat), Roe Deer (European deer), Sanglier (wild boar), Whitetail Deer, Black Bear, Moose, etc. Never been to Africa. Was poised to do it 20 years ago but had to send 5 kids through college; 'nough said, right? My Jules Burry .450 #2 ended up killing tuition bills instead of buffalo...
Out of that stage of life now, and planning to go this year for a cow buffalo hunt and some cull plains game. All I can afford at the time...
Shooting a Mauser 66 (telescopic action predecessor to the Blaser) in .458 Lott / Docter Sight with A Square Dead Tough and Monolithic Solids left over from 20 years ago, for what stomps; a CZ 550 in .416 Rigby / S&B 1.25-4x20 30 mm with A Frames for what bites; a Weatherby .340 / Zeiss 2.5-10x48 30 mm and a Winchester Classic 70 in .300 wby / S&B 1.5-6x42 30 mm with Nosler Partitions for the rest.
Looking forward to keep learning; maybe sharing a few things learned here and there, from the French Alps to Newfoundland and British Columbia, to America; and always continuing dreaming of THAT day.
Thank you all in advance.

You are most welcome!

Welcome to AH One Day...! Nice to have you as part of our community, really looking forward to your input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg