New member, bowhunter, Africa hunter soon.

providerrick

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hello,My name is Rick.I'm from Connecticut,U.S.A and I found this site while researching a Bowhunt to Africa.There are so many choices,but I'm pretty sure I'll do a Plains game,10 day,5 or 7 animal hunt to S.A. I really wanted to go for Buffalo but that seems like one of the pinnacles,not a first trip kind of hunt.I'm thinking July looks good this summer but could go other months also.I have harvested by bow about 25 whitetails and a wild boar,and usually bowhunt about 40 days a year.Any advise would be great,because I'm ready to book and want to firm up the trip and air.Thanks

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Welcome to AH Rick! South Africa is an incredible bowhunting destination and have no doubt that you will have the time of your life there. I am sure that you will find lots of good advice here and don't hesitate to ask questions. For specific information pertaining to hunting/bowhunting in South Africa please check out this article Hunting South Africa Information.

35bore

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
Hunted
USA, South Africa, France
Welcome Rick, You will love this site, alot of collective knowledge in these parts. Scott

P.S. Check out Koedoeberg webite, I am hunting with Willem in June this year. But, there are alot of outfitters/PH's on this site and haveing read most of their sites they would all give you what you desire on your hunt in SA.

kuduman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
north shore steelhead association
Hunted
rsa
hello

pm. sent

safari hunter

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
Welcome Rick, once bitten by the continent you never recover. Best of luck on your hunt.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
I would recommend Spiral Horn Safari, Louis is a really great guy! Welcome to the Forum!

hunting

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
PHASA
Hunted
Sweden, USA, Brazil, Mexico.,
Hallo Rick
Glad you did find the forum, all the best with your hunt.
Johan

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada

LouisB

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI and PHASA
Hunted
South Africa and Zambia
Welcome to the forum Rick!

PM sent.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Bushbuck

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Rick! I am not to far from You up here in NH. Hold on tight because once you go over to Africa with a bow you are in for one hell of a ride. Lots of bowhunters here so feel free to ask any questions.

providerrick

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Thank you all for the information.There is just so much of it!I was up very late looking up as much as I could but I need a break,my eyes hurt.Going out to look for sheds,probably will firm up my plans within a week or so.Glad I stumbled onto this site.Rick

tim416

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC
Rick,
Welcome to AH. You will find a lot of good advice here from guys that have experience. Do your homework and enjoy the first of many hunts to Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlmaCharte

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.