Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
USA (Kansas, Virginia, Texas)
Big Brother - Little Brother.JPG
Here is the newest addition to the family, with his big brother sitting proudly behind him. :):)

Top - My CZ550 Safari American in .375 H&H. Had it for a few years, mostly shooting at paper. My only complaint is the sights, but I've decided not to scope it. I'm waiting on a new fiber optic front sight and rear NECG peep sight. If my eyes get much worse, the decision on scopes may change...

Bottom - brand-new CZ557 Carbine in .30-06. I have to say, the iron sights on this one are much better than on the safari. I was all over the place for a while, getting used to them, but after the first 10 rounds, I kind of settled down and they were fine. I mounted a scope today, but I used some generic rings which didn't work out very well. Hoping to get some rings for a CZ in Lubbock in a few days. If not, I'll have to order them. Until then, however, the iron sights will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations - they both look great. I've got a 550 in 375 and 404 jeff. The 375 took a buff in Zimbabwe in 2011. The 404 hasn't been bloodied yet. My eyes can't do the iron sights. I put a Leupold 1-4 24 on the 375 and a Zeiss 1.2-5 36 on the 404.

I used the Warne medium QD rings on both and am very happy with them.

John

Very nice! .375 H&H and .30-'06 make a perfect pair (y)

Congratulations - they both look great. I've got a 550 in 375 and 404 jeff. The 375 took a buff in Zimbabwe in 2011. The 404 hasn't been bloodied yet. My eyes can't do the iron sights. I put a Leupold 1-4 24 on the 375 and a Zeiss 1.2-5 36 on the 404.

I used the Warne medium QD rings on both and am very happy with them.

John

Thanks for the advice, John. I've been looking at the Warne rings. Going to try to get a pair in Lubbock next week. If not, I'll have to order them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross