Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
USA (Kansas, Virginia, Texas)
Big Brother - Little Brother.JPG
Here is the newest addition to the family, with his big brother sitting proudly behind him. :):)

Top - My CZ550 Safari American in .375 H&H. Had it for a few years, mostly shooting at paper. My only complaint is the sights, but I've decided not to scope it. I'm waiting on a new fiber optic front sight and rear NECG peep sight. If my eyes get much worse, the decision on scopes may change...

Bottom - brand-new CZ557 Carbine in .30-06. I have to say, the iron sights on this one are much better than on the safari. I was all over the place for a while, getting used to them, but after the first 10 rounds, I kind of settled down and they were fine. I mounted a scope today, but I used some generic rings which didn't work out very well. Hoping to get some rings for a CZ in Lubbock in a few days. If not, I'll have to order them. Until then, however, the iron sights will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

thi9elsp

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member: Buckmasters, NRA, RMEF, DSC, SCI, and CCA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique
Congratulations - they both look great. I've got a 550 in 375 and 404 jeff. The 375 took a buff in Zimbabwe in 2011. The 404 hasn't been bloodied yet. My eyes can't do the iron sights. I put a Leupold 1-4 24 on the 375 and a Zeiss 1.2-5 36 on the 404.

I used the Warne medium QD rings on both and am very happy with them.

John

IdaRam

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
Hunted
Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Very nice! .375 H&H and .30-'06 make a perfect pair (y)

Jay Kelley

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
USA (Kansas, Virginia, Texas)
Congratulations - they both look great. I've got a 550 in 375 and 404 jeff. The 375 took a buff in Zimbabwe in 2011. The 404 hasn't been bloodied yet. My eyes can't do the iron sights. I put a Leupold 1-4 24 on the 375 and a Zeiss 1.2-5 36 on the 404.

I used the Warne medium QD rings on both and am very happy with them.

John

Thanks for the advice, John. I've been looking at the Warne rings. Going to try to get a pair in Lubbock next week. If not, I'll have to order them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LukasStinn

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh