New lion regulations USFWS

Hopefully 2017 will bring a President that actually has a pair, and the Libtards will crawl back under their rocks for awhile.

Bad conservation decisions, based on feel good reactions, to appease the anti hunting lobbyist's.

Where will the Safari clubs stand in all of this?

Devil's advocate for a minute here....

I'd argue that by threatening to take away additional monies (hunting dollars) you would give the local government additional incentive to put more money and effort into addressing local issues more agressively, and this MIGHT even be true although I doubt it over there.

Where I have the real issue is our government sticking its nose where it doesn't belong. Is saving the lion all of our responsibility? YES!!! Is it USFWS responsibility? NO!!!

This one is just a pretty one to tackle "in the name of good." And on the whole don't let anyone who has ever broken a law not import issue, oh geez.... What a slippery slope.... I guess if a logging company has ever cut downa tree with a yellow bellied sap sucking owl nest in it they should be banned from purchasing chain saws. Chain saws are after all, a privelege, not a right.

The problem with that argument is, those government don't have the money. And I don't see HSUS giving them any of theirs.

Hopefully 2017 will bring a President that actually has a pair, and the Libtards will crawl back under their rocks for awhile.

Bad conservation decisions, based on feel good reactions, to appease the anti hunting lobbyist's.

Where will the Safari clubs stand in all of this?

Well I understand that Trumps son are big game hunters, so maybe there is a glimmer of hope.

This is another step along the path of USFWS attempting to manage other countries' resources by requiring proof of sound management principles. Just like the elephant ban for Tanzania and Zimbabwe. I expect that USFWS will continue to take the stance that the countries' don't have sound management principles; therefore, we won't allow imports of lions.

A country like Namibia which appears to be in good favor with USFWS on the sound management principles will probably see more demand and an increase in prices as hunters adapt to these rules.

Then, I suspect, where the USFWS determines that countries do NOT have sound management principles we will see the trophy fees for other animals increase, just as has happened with elephant import impact on Zimbabwe prices. It used to be a few years ago that buffalo trophy fees in Zimbabwe were $3,500 - $4,500. Now, it seems most are pricing them at $5,000 plus. I assume that is a direct result of the loss of revenue from the elephant import restrictions to the US.
EXACTLY ... what is lost on the swings gets recovered on the roundabouts!!!
We ( hunters ) just end up paying more...

Liberal America in action Mike, no one cares about the wildlife or the economy's it effects. It's all about OUR perceived political correctness.

Well I understand that Trumps son are big game hunters, so maybe there is a glimmer of hope.
Unfortunately now is not the time for them to speak out. I was hoping the Trumps would use their vast wealth and connections to help in the fight against anti hunters. They could surely finance a pro hunting documentary.

Unfortunately now is not the time for them to speak out. I was hoping the Trumps would use their vast wealth and connections to help in the fight against anti hunters. They could surely finance a pro hunting documentary.
Not a bad idea... anyone out there any Trumps??

I've been told the rule making will take many months and word is September is when this will (permit system) go into full effect. I hope so I have an April hunt and all I have planned for is now up in the air. Read this all yesterday on my birthday!
I could go on and on about this but y'all are right the poisoning of lions by the villagers will begin as soon as they know no more $$$$$ from lion hunting. Remember it's all cattle country now so why tolerate lions. USFWS is unconstitutional not to mention moronic.
Vote Republican!

Regards,
Philip

This is the next Photo Safari offering.
The brown ones are very rare

water-hole-cattle.jpg

Philip, to your point what does this mean to those with lions in the salt? No way they have the permit in place by Jan. If you read the fine print it states the directive expires in 18 months....then what happens? Regardless this is a mess and will have a negative impact on lions.

This is disappointing. However, I am still not certain what it means exactly. I immediately go to the worst case scenario where the USFW will make the criteria so difficult to achieve that they issue almost zero permits. The currently crew in charge of the executive branch is masterful at regulating industries or behaviors out of existence after all. I just hope for the sake of sport hunting and the lions themselves that this is not the case here.

.............. If you read the fine print it states the directive expires in 18 months....then what happens? ..........

After it is in place they can just roll it over and do it again. Much easier to say "nothing has changed", so keep it in place.

Ok. I've heard what everyone here is saying. Now let's see what the stewards of hunters do.....SCI. Everyone here remember them ? First for hunters. Cynical? Yes! Sorry fellow hunters I have witnessed as you all have just how much they've done recently. Other than pushing some bullshit stock and advertising for folks to visit there convention what have we heard from them? Not much folks. I feel as though we're on our own. And I don't like it.

I work at a hospital, there is a lot of gray matter, not a lot of black and white. SCI is just one organization, they are not perfect but they are not hurting hunting per se either. It's all volunteer work.

I am on the email list from one good size operation. They had a hunter cancel his lion hunt in Namibia after the Cecil fiasco. They decided not to sell the hunt. Subsequently, they have been told that up to 8 lions were killed in the area. If true, that just reinforces the fact that not hunting, will cause lions to disappear as they are killed to protect Brick's Photo Safari scenario.

I am on the email list from one good size operation. They had a hunter cancel his lion hunt in Namibia after the Cecil fiasco. They decided not to sell the hunt. Subsequently, they have been told that up to 8 lions were killed in the area. If true, that just reinforces the fact that not hunting, will cause lions to disappear as they are killed to protect Brick's Photo Safari scenario.

No one will hear about the lions being shot as problem animals. No trophy pictures to complain about. No CNN coverage. NO Anti hunters. Just dead lions.
Then NO LIONS. EXTIRPATED!

Well I find it ridiculous that the American government is more concerned on the background of sport hunted Lions then the background of refugees that want to come into our country.

After it is in place they can just roll it over and do it again. Much easier to say "nothing has changed", so keep it in place.

That is what they do with the elephant situation in Zimbabwe and Tanzania.:mad::mad::mad:

The ass hat said importing sport trophies is a privilege and not a right. Well, I say we all write our congress men and women and we get that changed! We hunters have been under an assault from the left for far too long, and now their agenda, based on heart strings and no scientific data that is credible, is being backed by legal loop holes and liberal politicians. We the people have a voice, and our liberties are being trampled. Our shows are protested to the point of cancellation, and we are forced to pay more to pursue our form of conservation! Everyone write your congress folks and be heard just as they are! I believe there should be price increases for photo safaris as well then, as the constant interruption of safari vehicles loaded with cameras disrupts wildlife more so than a quiet stalk and one animal taken from a herd. We need to fight back against this bleeding heart movement or we will lose OUR rights as hunters. We should send letters of outrage to the organizations in which we belong as well since they are paid dues to protect our rights! We have the greatest country in the world because it IS ran by the people. We lose our rights as people because we ALLOW others to strip them from us for reasons of being branded non-politically correct, or too lazy to fight back. This is the end of my rant on this, but I do know I am writing letters today!
:A Blowup::S Flag::S Ban::S Rant:

The ass hat said importing sport trophies is a privilege and not a right. ....................

I was wondering when someone would key onto that statement. Rights and Privileges.
Interesting view.
Perhaps some legislation that directs the employees about what are then citizens rights and what are the privileges might help.

we are forced to pay more to pursue our form of conservation!

That is an insightful way of stating the case.

.... Everyone write your congress folks and be heard ...........! ....... .

Get after it people. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Not sure if this has been uploaded and/or seen by anyone yet. But on page 7 it says (see attached PDF) :

Captive-Bred Wildlife Registration

What is a Captive-Bred Wildlife (CBW) registration?

CBW registration holders are authorized by the general permit at 50 CFR 17.21(g) to conduct recurring interstate commerce and take activities that would otherwise be prohibited under the ESA with living, exotic wildlife born and held in captivity in the United States for conservation breeding purposes consistent with the ESA. The program was developed to streamline federal permit requirements for eligible activities.

A CBW registration may be issued only when applicants demonstrate activities with covered wildlife will serve the principal purpose of enhancing the propagation or survival of the species, particularly through conservation breeding, and that they have appropriate qualifications, experience, facilities and sufficient space. This includes those holding surplus stock as part of a Species Survival Plan or other bona fide conservation breeding program. Authorized activities may be conducted only with other registrants who are authorized for the same species. Registrants must report activities and current ESA-listed inventory to the Service each year.

Now I wonder how this all applies to captive bred wildlife in other countries such as lions in RSA?

Attachments

• Lion_FL_FAQs_Final.pdf
    80.5 KB · Views: 179

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanceSkin

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!