AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Hi everyone, Just created a new forum under the HUNTING AFRICA section called Legends Of Big Game Hunting at the following link: https://www.africahunting.com/community/legends-of-big-game-hunting.309/. Some older posts which I have pulled out to create this section. If any of you can think of any characters that should be added to this forum please feel free to create a thread. If you find a thread that should be moved to this forum please let me know as well. Enjoy!

Very cool, love seeing old pics and reading these stories!

Good thread Jerome. I can come up with some other people. Can you get Monish out of retirement to do the writeup?

Good thread Jerome. I can come up with some other people. Can you get Monish out of retirement to do the writeup?
:D @monish was last logged in on Oct 17, 2015 but may just visit the site without logging in... He still connects with me from time to time and if he reads this should login and say hi and connect from time to time. Thanks to @monish for posting the majority of these bios.

A few others I can think of that are deserving as well. If anyone wants to write a biography.

George Rushby
Wally Johnson
Coetzee brothers Rhodesia. May have culled more elephant than anyone else.
Harry Manners
Bvekenya Barnard
George Southerland
PJ Pretorius
CJP Ionides
Robert Foran
William York
Miles Turner
Werner von Alvensleben
Brian Nicholson
AH Neumann
Leslie Tarlton
Donald Kerr
Syd Downey

Also want to thank @monish for posting most of the legends already seen in this thread.

A few others I can think of that are deserving as well. If anyone wants to write a biography.

George Rushby
Wally Johnson
Coetzee brothers Rhodesia. May have culled more elephant than anyone else.
Harry Manners
Bvekenya Barnard
George Southerland
PJ Pretorius
CJP Ionides
Robert Foran
William York
Miles Turner
Werner von Alvensleben
Brian Nicholson
AH Neumann
Leslie Tarlton
Donald Kerr
Syd Downey

Also want to thank @monish for posting most of the legends already seen in this thread.
@Wheels, Great idea to have a list. Could you please start a new thread in the Legends Of Big Game Hunting forum at https://www.africahunting.com/community/legends-of-big-game-hunting.309/ with your list that way it will be there in that forum and members can add to it as well. I will make the thread sticky so it remains up at the top... Thx for the contribution.

As always, you done good Jerome. I do love reading about those older gentlemen. Thanks.

@Wheels, Great idea to have a list. Could you please start a new thread in the Legends Of Big Game Hunting forum at https://www.africahunting.com/community/legends-of-big-game-hunting.309/ with your list that way it will be there in that forum and members can add to it as well. I will make the thread sticky so it remains up at the top... Thx for the contribution.

Jerome, I think I screwed up. I started another thread but it didn't attach like I thought it would.

I'm glad to see Capstick in there he is my all time favorite and 100% responsible for my obsession with Africa!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurpfalzjäger

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber