AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
MSRP of around $3400.

Dealer cost is around $2650.

This year's model. The highest quality rangefinding binoculars money can buy. Price fixed by the manufacturer with universal minimum pricing so you don't see them for less than around $2800.

On eBay with 2 days left. Buy it now of $2499.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122594107140?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.30.26 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 8.03.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 8.03.07 AM.png
    528.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 8.03.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 8.03.02 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 188
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great deal for Leica binoculars!

Well, here's a reason not to trust eBay or this particular seller troymoritz

I had the winning bid at $2190.00 this afternoon, then before I could pay he cancelled the order! When I emailed him via eBay he said "sorry they sold at a gun show this morning". I wonder why he didn't take them off eBay when they sold??

I suspect he wasn't happy with the final sales price so he just "gamed" the system.

I've done business on eBay since'99 with 100% positive feedback, but some people always find a way around the rules.

I had the winning bid at $2190.00 this afternoon, then before I could pay he cancelled the order! When I emailed him via eBay he said "sorry they sold at a gun show this morning". I wonder why he didn't take them off eBay when they sold??

I suspect he wasn't happy with the final sales price so he just "gamed" the system.

I've done business on eBay since'99 with 100% positive feedback, but some people always find a way around the rules.

What a sack of crap that guy is.

That's unfortunate JE. Sorry it happened to you. I would expect better from the members of our little community here on ah.

That's unfortunate JE. Sorry it happened to you. I would expect better from the members of our little community here on ah.
Yep @Wheels, he's obviously not part of our community here on AH or he would've caught he'll! I appreciate @rookhawk passing on the info, unfortunately just a dishonest seller on eBay.

This gives him the opportunity tell his side of the story. If it was in fact an honest mistake so be it. But the circumstances of the transaction seem very suspect to me.

The binos were already sold. I State as first line in the ad I reserve the right to sell them locally and they did sell.

I offered to introduce the bidder to my dealer if he wanted another set for a fair price, he declined.

The bidder also wrote me directly, against eBay rules, requesting I reduce the buy it now price in direct contravention to the eBay rules that specifically state you do not request reduced prices on items unless "make an offer" is permitted by the seller.

I encourage the bidder to air his dirty laundry to eBay instead of not giving the full picture here on this site. eBay of course sees correspondence, the notation I made in my auction, etc. Naturally, the full story isn't as impressively one sided and thus eBay isn't going to take his position as he has posted here as the sale was voided, the valuable consideration wasn't paid, and the merchandise is in the hands of a happy local hunter already.

Thank you for taking the time to state your side of the story, obviously you forgot to take the posting off of ebay when you sold the binoculars.

BTW - For those of you that use eBay I want to point out rookhawks incorrect statement about a violation of the rules I made by contacting him directly. He states above "eBay rules that specifically state you do not request reduced prices on items unless the Make An Offer is permitted by the seller".

Here is the statement I cut and pasted from eBay;

• If the Make Offer button doesn't appear in the listing, the seller may not be interested in receiving offers. If you do contact a seller to negotiate price or terms, you shouldn't make offers to buy the item outside of eBay. Doing so violates our offers to buy or sell outside of eBay policy.

So, it clearly states the seller "may" not be interested in receiving offers, there is no violation on my part. Many sellers "may" consider an offer on their item, especially in this case where the items had no bids on it.

Futhermore, I did not ask him to reduce the price and sell outside of eBay, I asked if he would lower his Buy It Now and I would then complete the transaction through eBay as normal, once again no violation here either.

When I emailed him via eBay he said "sorry they sold at a gun show this morning". I wonder why he didn't take them off eBay when they sold??

Thats funny. I live just outside of Chicago and travel to many of the gun and military shows. There weren't any in the area last weekend that I'm aware of.

I may be out of line here, but between the Zimbabwe report having so much discrepancies left answered, this poor transaction, and listing of his rifles on armslist, there is just something here that leaves me questioning.

http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/search?relatedto=6922456&location=usa

Screenshot (6).png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smits

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg