Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, DSC, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Canada, RSA, USA, Zimbabwe
USPS dropped me off a wonderful little pick me up this rainy afternoon before heading into work! Just before Thanksgiving I ordered the utility hunting knife from and Associates. It has a 3 1/2" damascus steel blade (nearly 1/8" thick!), and a wonderfully polished cape buffalo horn handle along with a brass bolster at the front of the handle. Was shipped with a nice leather sheath and should serve well as a hunting knife for me. Price was a bit steep at $280, but I've been eyeing it for a few years now and decided to take the plunge. I'll post pictures when I wake up in the afternoon after I get home from work.

FFemt5287, Good for you man, let us know also if it is a good knife after you used it. Post some pictures so we can see what it looks like!

USPS dropped me off a wonderful little pick me up this rainy afternoon before heading into work! Just before Thanksgiving I ordered the utility hunting knife from and Associates. It has a 3 1/2" damascus steel blade (nearly 1/8" thick!), and a wonderfully polished cape buffalo horn handle along with a brass bolster at the front of the handle. Was shipped with a nice leather sheath and should serve well as a hunting knife for me. Price was a bit steep at $280, but I've been eyeing it for a few years now and decided to take the plunge. I'll post pictures when I wake up in the afternoon after I get home from work.

This the one from Drake and Associates?

This the one from Drake and Associates?

Yes it is, realized I left out "Drake" after the time alloted to edit the post (difficult to type in quantity on an iPhone!). I'll try to get some pictures up tonight or tomorrow. Here's are some pictures from Lewis Drake and Associates website.

Their pictures truly do no justice.

Attachments

• hunting-knife-1.jpg
    hunting-knife-1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 184
  • hunting-knife-2.jpg
    hunting-knife-2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 162
  • hunting-knife-3.jpg
    hunting-knife-3.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 169
FFemt,

Thats a gorgeous kinfe u have , Damuscus blades are fine . I have my old trusty Buck 110

Monish

Yes, a lovely knive.
Have looked at it on more than one occasion via their websight.

Some of mine;
watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
While these are not up to the standard of some of the customs I see posted here and elsewhere they are a couple I made for myself and work very well for my needs. I have learnt a few things over the last 40years and litterally hundreds of animals and one of the most importand, after blade steel and shape is the handle and because in many cases the knife may need to go from a edge down hold to a edge up hold, so the underside of the handle can be disadvantaged with distinctive finger notches. Anyway this is my pair, The smaller is ivory and nickle silver, the larger is african blackwood and nickle silver.

Knifves003.jpg

Knives002.jpg

Von Gruff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwoody

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross