New hobby

Very nice work.
Full horizontal crossdraw sheath?
Looks very similar to my Ramos custom.
yep its a full horizontal. A good friend of mine is a game keeper (British version of a PH) and I remember him saying how annoying he finds a vertical carry sheath. Not only that but if you end up upside down for some odd reason you got your knife handy.

@mdwest regarding a forge... can’t it double as a pizza oven? Now it sounds like a gift to the family!

I enjoy reading this thread and looking at what you Gents can make.

One of the @Von Gruff knives I got and gifted in February was used last weekend by its owner: a 14 year old boy processing his first archery deer. Beautiful knife!

Norfolk
Very Nice, hope we can meet again at another AH dinner when things go back to normal.

I cheated and would purchase ground blanks from a guy in Idaho Falls. I built them for my kids. The sheaths were premade and I would soak fit in beeswax and a saddle conditioner. Someday I’ll work up to the complete but I enjoyed it and my kids prize theirs.

8A2BAB53-70B4-4CBE-8073-120B82A6E6EB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The few scandi edge knives that I have used seemed to want to cut in a circle, which I presumed was the direction of the edge. but maybe it was just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross