New Here, Have A Few Questions

Riggs

Reaction score
Hunted
United States
Hello,

I'm rather new here and I have a few questions. I've got ambitions, my goal in life is to go to the Dark Continent and hunt a male wild lion. I've designed a house, within that house is a room just for me; a place where I can hang my whitetail heads, an eventual moose and elk, and to proudly display a lion. After reading, quite recently, that President Trump has lifted the ban on importing lion trophies to the United States, however its on a case to case basis. My question is this. What will be needed for the CITES permit? How will it be determined if a lion can be brought back? Will documentation be needed for the CITES permit that shows a steady population in numbers in a particular country or area along with conservation effort data? How long will it take for a CITES permit to be accepted, I'm thinking at least a year or two before the hunt in advance? Basically what Im asking is what all is going to be needed for me to bring a lion back? I don't know when I'll be going on this hunt, I'm only 20 years old with a career in the HVAC (heating & air) field. Hopefully, if Trump is reelected, I'll have saved up enough to hunt a wild male lion. Of course this whole ban came from the "Cecil the Lion" disaster, we hunters will never be able to explain to non-hunters and anti-hunters how much hunting actually helps the environment and animals populations. It's amazing how they can all rally together so strongly against something that they know so little about, then again they are like crackheads they all get along. I hope I've posted my questions on the right part of this forum. Thank you all for your time and responses, I am looking forward to getting to know you all!!

- Riggs

Riggs, unless something has come out recently on the “pass, fail” requirements to bring a lion into the US, we are all still in limbo waiting for clarification.
Personally I’m not waiting. At my age tomorrow could be my last, so I’ve decided I don’t need to bring home more “stuff” including trophies. A grand experience is my goal.
That said, if I was half my age I too would be looking at what to bring back.
Best of luck getting a clear answer, but I suspect it will be a while if ever that the government clears the answer.

Riggs,
Great goal! For myself the cost is to prohibitive no matter how much I would love to have a lion mount in my home. Short of trying to keister a South African lion home it’s not going to happen. I may shoot one down south one day but a picture will have to suffice if I do. Plenty of other animals to hunt that can come home. Might want to consider a leopard while you still can to fill the void in your decor! It is truly a shame that the voice of a limited number of emotional whiners can ruin our sport!
Cheers,
Cody

When you get the hunt booked get in touch with John Jackson of Conservation Force and he will help you.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross