New here from Minn

Welcome @IronRanger and you will have a blast on your first trip!

The taxidermy question has changed post Covid-19 as shipping has gotten so outrageous. An operation such as Life Form does fantastic work over there. However shipping is currently so expensive for large crates that total cost to get trophies home may be less if you dip and pack and have the work done here.

You have very few days left to figure that out! Best is to get quotes both ways.

I would not have work done over there without first visiting the taxidermist at their shop to see their work and having it written into any contract before a down payment is made that they will send pictures and make any repairs needed before shipping. BTW I've been to Life Form and they had a very impressive operation. There are some other good ones in the East Cape also.

But again you may pay as much or more for shipping as for the taxidermy. Price it out both ways.

Or don't even get started! Take excellent photos and keep a couple skulls and maybe some really nice skins like zebra. These days I think you can do two hunts without taxidermy for the cost of one with;) And that doesn't even count the trophy room.

Welcome!!
from Michigan

Welcome fellow MN hunter! I’ll be up on the north shore this weekend.

Welcome to AH and the posting side! Congrats on your trip and have fun!

I,m a Minnesota transplant good luck on your hunt

Welcome to AH. Congrats on your upcoming safari! Planning is half the fun! Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Taxidermy/Shipping can certainly be a big portion of the costs! Mounting trophies overseas certainly increases the cost to ship them here to the USA.

Welcome and congrats on booking your trip!

Welcome and look forward to your participation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois