New guy says Hi

Welcome pamtnman. Tell us a little about yourself. Have you hunted Africa? Taste in firearms?

Welcome pamtnman. Tell us a little about yourself. Have you hunted Africa? Taste in firearms?
Not yet been to Africa. I am a life long hunter, trapper, fisherman. I hunt with many British and german double rifles and combination guns. There is a Westley Richards .577 I bought for hunting American bison and brown bear. That could possibly work in Africa

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH pamtnman! You'll fit right in. (y)

Welcome aboard pamtnman!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH!

pamtnman, welcome to the AH forum! A .577! OUCH! Should handle anything!

pamtnman, welcome to the AH forum! A .577! OUCH! Should handle anything!
This Westley Richards began life in 1891 as a .577 BPE double rifle. Taken to India from Britain for tiger, pig, etc. Left in India with one of the famous hunting families there, and rebarreled by WR for them in 1922 for the upcoming royal visit and hunt. The Prince of Wales spent several days hunting with that family in 1923. The 1922 rebarrel is in "light nitro," a 650-grain bullet driven by 75 grains of powder. Not the full 750/100 of the classic .577 NE. To me, this light nitro is the best of all worlds. It will do the job on anything that walks, and it will also work on feral pigs without ruining one's right shoulder for a week. One goal is to get it shooting black powder and a lighter bullet. Plus the gun has the svelte lines of the BPE, which makes it so attractive.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH

Hello pamtnman,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Properly made double rifles are as far as I can tell, commissioned in heaven.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Hello pamtnman,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Properly made double rifles are as far as I can tell, commissioned in heaven.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
Agreed!

Welcome aboard pamtnman. Back in the mid 70(s) I worked on the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station (it is actually a Nuclear Power Plant.) We lived about a 1/4 mile away from the river and it wasn't unusual to see deer in my back yard. Being from the Southern part of Michigan which is all flatlands those mountains of yours were a challenge. I enjoyed being in a State where they closed schools for the opening day of hunting season. What kind and caliber Combination gun(s) do you have? I have a BRNO Super in 12 Ga. over 7 x 65R.

Giday pamtnman and welcome to the AH forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg