New guy from the Black Hills of South Dakota

Greetings All,
I have been stalking around this page for a number of years now, and finally decided to join. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge, and wisdom on this page, and I am in need of both. It has taken a long time, but I am finally at a place in life where I can start planning my first trip to Africa.
I have been daydreaming about going to Africa for years, so I have a pretty solid idea what I would like to get out of my first trip, where I would like to go, what I would like to do, and what I would like to hunt. I know I would like to go to Namibia for my first safari, and I have a list of outfitters I am interested in, but am always open to suggestions.
I have to many questions to makes sense in one post, so I will leave that for another day. Thank you for allowing me to join this great page, and I look forward to hearing from you.
CM McKenzie

Dear CM McKenzie

Welcome as a member to this great Forum and hunting community.
We invite you to visit our website - and let us know where we could be of assistance.

We advise you to consider attending the Seminar at the yearly Dallas Safari Club (17 - 20 January 2019) with the name TIPS FOR TRIPS TO AFRICA prior to taking a decision. They share many tips with you to be taken into consideration PRIOR to deciding on your destination.

Enjoy the planning process - it forms a huge FUN part of your safari.

Best of luck with your decision.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I find myself reading this forum daily since I have joined. I have learned so much, and researched so many great outfits, I am already planning my second and third trips before I have even made a deposit for my first trip.

Thank you all,
Casey

Welcome to the family and the forum @CM McKenzie, you are in the right place!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg