Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, NRA
Hunted
Eastern Cape, South Africa
I wanted to say thanks for having me and I looked forward to researching and learning as much as possible.
I am in the process of planning my first trip to the Dark Continent. I am considering Crusier Safaris for my outfitter and plan on doing either the 8 or 10 day package. I hope to take a kudu, zebra, blue wildebeest, impala, warthog, bushbuck, and possibly a nyala.
Ray

Welcome to AH REB1136! Glad to have you as part of our community. Exciting times for you, enjoy the planning and preparation.

Welcome!

Welcome to the group. Yes you will learn a lot from this place. Good luck with your hunt.

Welcome to AH! I think that is fantastic selection of animals for a first hunt.

Hi Ray, welcome to AH !

Welcome! and Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum sir! Planning is half the fun.

Welcome! Mobile is a great town, spent some time there myself many moons ago.

Dave

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I think the biggest thing I am having alittle trouble with is the whole process of getting things back to the states. I am undecided on if I should dip and ship and have my stuff sent back here to the states or if I should let Highveld do my work. I would love to hear some of you guys opinions that have experience with this. Please feel free to message me

I decided to do our with Hunters and Collectors in Port Elizabeth. My thinking was that I (in order of importance) wanted to support the local economy for hosting us, they came recommended by our PH @KMG Hunting Safaris, and I figured a local would have a different eye for the animal. I do not have our animals back yet but I felt very comfortable dealing with them. Good luck and enjoy the prep.

Of your list of animals which one is at the top?

Welcome to the best hunting site, Africa and otherwise. I'm just down the road from you in Pensacola. Out of the country right now, back at the end of November. Will try to link up with you then!!!

Welcome to the best hunting site, Africa and otherwise. I'm just down the road from you in Pensacola. Out of the country right now, back at the end of November. Will try to link up with you then!!!
I'm over your way quite a bit fishing. Have you been hunting in Africa?

Welcome sir. Your fear of what do do with your trophies is a subject that has been discussed here many times and sometimes opinions can get heated on this subject. I can tell you this comes down to two things. Price and superior quality. I hunted Namibia last year and harvested 6 trophies. I had them sent back to my taxidermist here in the states. My final bill on mounting ,shipping ,and dip/ pack will easily exceed 14k. Granted I did a triple pedestal so that ran into a little more money, but nevertheless having them done here is definitely much more expensive. Do your homework on this. If you can live with " good " taxidermy I would recommend Relive African taxidermy in Port Elizabeth. Several members have had done work by them with excellent results. I left 2 trophies with them several months ago when I did a mini safari. But best of all, remember one thing.....?You only get one first safari. Enjoy it!

Welcome to a great community!

R.

I'm over your way quite a bit fishing. Have you been hunting in Africa?
My first trip will be with my son July 3-8 with Pawprint Safaris.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome sir. Your fear of what do do with your trophies is a subject that has been discussed here many times and sometimes opinions can get heated on this subject. I can tell you this comes down to two things. Price and superior quality. I hunted Namibia last year and harvested 6 trophies. I had them sent back to my taxidermist here in the states. My final bill on mounting ,shipping ,and dip/ pack will easily exceed 14k. Granted I did a triple pedestal so that ran into a little more money, but nevertheless having them done here is definitely much more expensive. Do your homework on this. If you can live with " good " taxidermy I would recommend Relive African taxidermy in Port Elizabeth. Several members have had done work by them with excellent results. I left 2 trophies with them several months ago when I did a mini safari. But best of all, remember one thing.....?You only get one first safari. Enjoy it!
Thank you for sharing. I have already read several post on this subject and have seen how they can get alittle crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg