New Guy From Northern California

ReddingArcher

Reaction score
Hey guys, brand new on the site. I found it last night while doing a little research for a hunt I booked this weekend at an expo here in Redding. I booked the hunt on a recommendation of a buddy of mine who hunted with the PH a couple years ago. I've wanted to hunt Africa since I started hunting and figured it was something that was unobtainable! Super excited to get into more of the planning phase. Looking forward to learning everything I can from everyone here!!

Garrett

Welcome to AH Garrett! Have fun exploring the site and preparing for your hunt.

Hello from a few hours up the road in Klamath Falls

Hi Garrett welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH! Plenty of information and experienced folks here to help you out.

Hey guys, brand new on the site. I found it last night while doing a little research for a hunt I booked this weekend at an expo here in Redding. I booked the hunt on a recommendation of a buddy of mine who hunted with the PH a couple years ago. I've wanted to hunt Africa since I started hunting and figured it was something that was unobtainable! Super excited to get into more of the planning phase. Looking forward to learning everything I can from everyone here!!

Garrett

Hello Garrett,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

A life long friend of mine has a farm out west of Redding, near Callahan.
He is active in “the state of Jefferson” effort.
Beautiful geography and good trout fishing as well.
Many years ago I lived in Colusa, perhaps 100 miles south of Redding.
Good pheasant, duck and goose hunting around Colusa in those days.

Best Regards,
Paul.

Welcome to AH, picked a great place to help with the planning.

Welcome to a great forum filled with information and excellent advice.

Hello Garrett,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

A life long friend of mine has a farm out west of Redding, near Callahan.
He is active in “the state of Jefferson” effort.
Beautiful geography and good trout fishing as well.
Many years ago I lived in Colusa, perhaps 100 miles south of Redding.
Good pheasant, duck and goose hunting around Colusa in those days.

Best Regards,
Paul.
Hey Paul, I know both of those areas pretty well. I have some family that lives up near Callahan and hunt blacktails up there quite a bit. Beautiful country. My uncle lived in Colusa probably 20+ years ago and I have done a few jobs in that area.

Giday Garrett and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome Garrett,
I was raised in Modoc County. To a Modocer everyone else is, “from down below”. Have hunted all over Africa many times during the last fifty years. May not have all the answers but have made most of the mistakes. Kindest Regards.

Welcome Garrett,
I just lost a good friend that lived in Redding at the beginning of March. He begged me to come out bear hunting with him and I wish I had done it. Enjoy your planning, you only get one chance to get that first trip right!
Cheers,
Cody

Welcome Garrett,
I just lost a good friend that lived in Redding at the beginning of March. He begged me to come out bear hunting with him and I wish I had done it. Enjoy your planning, you only get one chance to get that first trip right!
Cheers,
Cody
Oh man I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Its always a huge regret not doing the things we should have done while we still can. Thats one of the reasons I booked my first African hunt, my wife really pushed me into it, said I should do it now and not look back and wish I would have hunted more.

Oh man I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Its always a huge regret not doing the things we should have done while we still can. Thats one of the reasons I booked my first African hunt, my wife really pushed me into it, said I should do it now and not look back and wish I would have hunted more.
You have a good wife and you should listen to her!

I'm a newbie here as well. Everyone has been very welcoming and full of good information. My first hunt is planned for 2023.

Welcome to the AH community.

Glad to have you aboard, Garrett. This is the place to ask and ye shall receive the answers to anything hunting. Is your wife going to Africa with you? It will be an unforgetable experience for both of you. Just be warned that once you go you have been had and will have to return, probably more than once.

Glad to have you aboard, Garrett. This is the place to ask and ye shall receive the answers to anything hunting. Is your wife going to Africa with you? It will be an unforgetable experience for both of you. Just be warned that once you go you have been had and will have to return, probably more than once.
She won’t be going on this trip but I was telling her just a little bit ago that we’ll probably do a family trip there in the next couple of years! She wants me and a few friends to go on this trip. She’s the most understanding woman and knows that hunting is where I reset and de-stress from work. I keep hearing and reading that once you go, you’ll find a way to go back multiple times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg