Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Dallas SCI, NWTF
Hunted
USA,CANADA, South Africa, New Zealand, Namibia
Hello everyone!
Going on my first African Safari with Mabula Pro Safaris this August. Look to have a great time. Looking to take some plains game this trip and then go after Sable/Cape on my next trip.
I have hunted whitetail and Mule deer, Moose, Elk, Antelope, Turkeys, Ducks and Geese and Pheasants and I'm looking to expand into the other animals of the world.
Hope to learn tips and tech from the people on here that have experinced this already.

Any thoughts on where to hunt Sable? Price?

Thanks you

Welcome wswat enjoy the site and all the best with your upcoming hunt.
Johan

Welcome to AH wswat! Glad you found our community. ONLY 6 more months! :wow:

Welcome, I hope your thaw out from this winter has started or will soon!

Welcome wswat

I wish you all the best of luck on your upcoming hunt you will love Africa that is for sure.

With regards to Sable prices I realize it that they can get pretty pricy usually starting at around $6000 and all the way up to $17000.

South Africa, Zim or Zambia depending on what you want in terms of fences or no fences each to his own?

Personally I don’t think it would be worth paying $15 000 just for a couple more inches in that case I would rather hunt a average bull but know it is a fair and good quality hunt.

I have never been the kind of guy to price according to inch but rather according the quality of the hunt. But in saying thins getting a nice trophy after working for it makes it all that more rewarding.

Hope this helps?

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Thank you with the help with Sables. I could care less if it is a top SCI scoring animal. I think they are one of coolest looking animals I have ever seen and would just like to get one with a good hunt and not break the bank.

Hi wswat

I would recommend both South Africa or Zim, it might be good to check in with your outfitter and see what he can come up with usually it is nice to hunt with someone you know this also builds on a good trustworthy relationship.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Could I recommend a second safari in Zimbabwe or Mozambique for a cape buffalo/sable. The price will be about $15,000 to $22,000...give or take. I agree a 100 percent with you the sable is awesome!!!!

Whatever outfitter you use, just check to make sure they are registered and authorized to conduct the hunt....so you have a safe trip and get your animals back to the US.

Africa is a great place to hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!