New from Washington State

uthisha

Reaction score
Media
New to the forum from Washington State.

Love guns, shooting and hunting. The local hunting is not that great.

I've made five trips to Africa, three were hunting safaris, two were for work. I absolutely love the place - it is magical for me.

I'm approaching retirement and looking forward to getting back to Africa a time or two or more.

A while back I picked up a Jeffrey 450 No 2 NE and now need to figure out what I'm going to do with it. I am sure the DG experts here will help me sort that out. :)

Welcome to AH uthisha! Glad you found us and looking forward to having you sharing your experiences.

Hello uthisha,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You mentioned sorting out what to do with your new large bore rifle.
When you have a couple spare minutes, have a peep at our video on buffalo hunting within our web site:

Khomas-Highland-Hunting.com

It was filmed up in the far N/E corner of the Zambezi Region, AKA, Caprivi Strip, Namibia.

That recent purchase of a WJ Jeffery .450 No 2 NE indeed sounds interesting.

The double draped across the horns of a buffalo, shown in my avatar here was an Army & Navy in that same wonderful caliber.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
Welcome to AH, cost of admission is a story or two of your previous hunts...

:S Welcome: from Kennewick

Welcome to the forum, lets see that rifle!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome, you'll find lots of useful information on this forum.

Giday uthisha and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome Uthisha
Many areas in Southern Africa are over- populated with elephants. Many local hunters and nature conservationists can testify to that.

It seems you have just the right medicine in your locker!

Happy hunting.

Welcome to AH, cost of admission is a story or two of your previous hunts...

A short one - we were chasing an Eland I had hit.

We were moving fast through the brush. Suddenly, there he was about 40 yds ahead of us.
The Eland was standing under a small tree (the trunk was about 5 inches diameter), facing broadside, and looking right at us.
In the shade of the tree, the Eland was a dark silhouette against the surrounding bright and sunny foliage.
My PH yelled "Give him!"
I raised my rifle, put my crosshairs just behind the shoulder and sent it.
The gun recoils. I think to myself "That's it, I've just bagged a nice Eland."
But the Eland is still standing there...now looking up at the shaking branches above him..my PH was trying to tell me to "give'm again" but he was laughing so hard he get the words out! :)
I had hit the tree.

Welcome from just south of ya

I just tried six different image formats. What is the trick to posting images on AH?
Images will upload automatically by just dragging and dropping them directly into a post.

Allowed attachment file extensions in post: zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif

Images will upload automatically by just dragging and dropping them directly into a post.

Allowed attachment file extensions in post: zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif
Thanks. I did try png, jpg, jpeg, (and tif, HEIC). The message I get for all of those file types is "The uploaded file was not an image as expected."
The file was originally an HEIC taken with a iphone. I then used the 'Save as' to save the files in the other formats. Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross