New from Sunshine Coast Queensland

458JCE

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hi everyone, My mate GeoffB recommended AH to me and I'm glad to be here. I've hunted South Africa in the Northern Transvaal in 2006 and built a 458 Lott on my return to Australia with the intention of going back. But I got divorced instead and life got in the way. I look forward to hunting Africa vicariously through this forum. Thanks for having me.

welcome welcome welcome

im happy to take a divorced guy on a hunt, no problem

I hope things are back on track for you.

I've spoken to GeoffB , he was one of several enablers here who sent me down the .280ai path. Sending me a sample case really got my interest.

You never know what you might need to build after reading here.

458JCE, welcome to the AH forum! Lots of excellent reports and deals on here that can peak your interest in returning to Africa.
Thanks Ridgewalker - I just got back from a hunt in Cape York, so it'll be a while before I get away again. When I figure out how to post photos here I'll put up a hunt report.

Welcome to the forum. Great to have you join here, and looking forward to Australia opening up again.

Cheers,
Marius Goosen

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Welcome aboard 458JCE. Have you used your 458 Lott on any Water Buffalos or Scrub Bulls? What animals do you hunt locally? Do you own other rifles, if so what caliber(s?) Posting is easy. Go to "Forums" then look for "Hunting Reports" then look for "Australia and New Zealand." Here you will find something like "Post New Thread" click that and you're in business. If you have photos of your hunt / animals on your computer, they can easily be added as well. Come join the fun and start posting.

Hello 458JCE,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome aboard 458JCE. Have you used your 458 Lott on any Water Buffalos or Scrub Bulls? What animals do you hunt locally? Do you own other rifles, if so what caliber(s?) Posting is easy. Go to "Forums" then look for "Hunting Reports" then look for "Australia and New Zealand." Here you will find something like "Post New Thread" click that and you're in business. If you have photos of your hunt / animals on your computer, they can easily be added as well. Come join the fun and start posting.

Thanks Shootist43. Yes, I've used the Lott and the JCE on Asiatic Buffalo. Only last month I used 458 Lott (Custom Montana 1999), 458JCE (Wildcat built on Winchester M70 WSSM action), 9.3x74R (Sabatti DR), and 338WM (Sako 75) to take Scrub Bulls and Boars in Cape York. Hunt reports are my main interest and I will contribute there when I have the time. Here's a photo of the Sabatti, 458JCE and 458 Lott (hope this works - my first attempt at attaching a photo).

IMG-4198.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg