New from South Alabama

Pop up to BHam if u want to shoot some big stuff on my range.

Hi Will, welcome to AH!

Welcome. I’ve hunted a few times south of Gibertown AL. Love my friends in AL! How about a first trip to Namibia. Very affordable and great place to get your sons feet wet. All the best.

Welcome! Where in LA do you live? My parents are both from LA. War Eagle!

Reactions: WAB
Welcome aboard Will 416. What other rifles do you currently own? Do you reload?
I do reload. I currently have a Tikka CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor, a Bighorn TL3/proof switch barrel that I put together myself (currently in 300wm), an M40 style 7.62 NATO custom with my own twist put on it, a 20 ga o/u, 12 ga semi auto, several .22s, (3) .38’s, a .357, a .45 XDS, an SKS (7.62x39), and a few others I can’t think of off the top of my head right now.

Welcome! Where in LA do you live? My parents are both from LA. War Eagle!
I currently live in Montgomery during the weekdays for school, but my wife just graduated law school so her and my son just moved back to Andalusia (near the Florida line) for work. I will be traveling home (Andalusia) weekly, now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet you can find some folks on here that would be more than happy to meet you at a range.
That would be great! Maybe try out a 458 lott, 416 Rigby, or maybe even a 416 Rem Mag for comparison. I wouldn’t mind even trying out some nitro expresses, such as the .470. (Not that I can afford one right now, but just to try out.) I would be more than happy to pay for the ammo that I use.

We should put together an AH Alabama Big Bore shoot(y)
I come to Mobile all the time, and a good buddy lives up in Birmingham.

Welcome to AH, Will!

Welcome to the family and the forum Will, you are in the right place!

Welcome to this great forum Will! Enjoy the site!

Welcome to AH Will. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg