New from Ohio

James Faulkner

Reaction score
New here from Northeast Ohio, never hunted outside of Ohio but heading to Africa next year. Created a profile to keep up to date and learn about the area. Looking forward to our hunt!

Thanks for the help!
James

Welcome to AH James! Where are you heading to for your hunt?

Welcome to the forum. Good hunting in Limpopo. You’ll want to go back a few times.

Thanks John,

I hope so, we're excited for it. Your profile mount is actually one of the mounts I was excited about doing. Looks awesome!

Thanks John,

I hope so, we're excited for it. Your profile mount is actually one of the mounts I was excited about doing. Looks awesome!
Those are two Limpopo impala. One taken on a hunt in 2014 with my son. The other taken in 2017 with “She Who Must Be Obeyed” the shield and Spears was from High Veld taxidermy.

High Veld seems to be the popular choice for that area, I'm looking forward to seeing their work in person. Our trip is still a little ways away but after getting on here it's revamped the excitement. Thanks again!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard James. Who did you book with? How many animals are in your package? How long is your hunt? Are you taking your own rifle or renting theirs? Take a look at previous AH posts. They will be a tremendous resource and an invaluable help in planning your hunt?

Thank you! We booked with Bayete Group which is the main reason for being here after finding a post about them, there's a few concerns I hope get taken care of. There's four us, our package includes one animal each but we're planning on adding more around 2-3 animals each in total. Nothing dangerous just typical beginners hunt. Our hunt is one week long, we are taking our own rifles mine is a 308, my dad's is a 300 win mag, I'm not sure what the other two are planning to bring. Everyone so far today has been extremely helpful I'm glad I came across this site.

James, from the description of your hunt you might be in for a rude awakening. Take a LOOOONG look at the trophy fees for the additional animals. In most places you could get your animal on the first morning of the hunt. The rest of the hunt is on your nickel and it could get expensive very quickly. Take a look at some of the packages being offered by Outfitter Sponsors of AH. I have a feeling you are going to be very surprised.

Welcome, enjoy your hunt! Cant wait to make it over there myself!

Welcome to AH

Welcome James - Good luck on your hunt next year! Lots of great and invaluable info here!

Welcome to AH, James!

Hi James, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH James. I used to live in the Cleveland area and hunted in Ashtabula Co.
Congratulations on booking safari #1.

Giday James and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross