New from Michigan

Jakob jackson

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am new to the forum. My wife and my little girl and I will soon be moving to Zambia. We are very excited. Just joined to read stories and find out about most readily available ammo in the area so I can send a few useful firearms to our new home. Hope to perhaps make a few friends along the way.

Welcome aboard Jakob. You might wat to see about sending some reloading equipment as well. The price of good ammo in Africa will SHOCK you. There are a few AH Members from Zambia, you might try sending them a PM to get a realistic "heads up."

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to AH Jakob! All the best with the move.

Welcome to AH.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH.

There are several members here that are from Zambia.

Welcome Jacob to AH! I’ll be waiting to hear some of your stories once you get to Zambia!
Best of luck!

Welcome to our place Jakob.

Hi Jakob, welcome to AH !

Hi Jakob,

Welcome to the best forum in the world.
It is possible that hand-loading in Zambia is unlawful.
Hopefully I’m wrong about that.
Anyway, two rifle calibers that you are likely to find ammunition for while you are in any African country that, hunting is common are, the .30-06 and the .375 H&H.

Good luck in your adventures,
Paul.

Velo Dog raised a point that I'm totally ignorant about. That is that reloading may be unlawful in Zambia. I'd like one of our Zambian members to explain Zambia's policy/law re. reloading.

Velo Dog raised a point that I'm totally ignorant about. That is that reloading may be unlawful in Zambia. I'd like one of our Zambian members to explain Zambia's policy/law re. reloading.

Hi Shootist43,

Once in a long past thread, (possibly during one of my typical fits of senality) I thought a resident of Zambia / AH Forum member was lamenting a Zambian law that prohibited the re-loading of spent ammunition, by private individuals.
I had thought it was Mr. spike.t but, after using the forum search box, I found nothing on this specific question, (from anyone at all).
I’ve now done a google search and found some vagueness about a special Zambian license is required to possess live primers and there is a quota / limit on how many as well.

Perhaps if no Zambian resident chimes in, one of our computer savvy members can find the answer within the Zambian Law pages via the magic of computers.
Hopefully I’ve not tossed a net full of hagfish onto the deck for nothing.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Paul, hopefully one of our Zambian members can sort this out for us. I've only been to S.A. the ammo prices there were ASTRONOMICAL in my opinion.

Greetings,

I am new to the forum. My wife and my little girl and I will soon be moving to Zambia. We are very excited. Just joined to read stories and find out about most readily available ammo in the area so I can send a few useful firearms to our new home. Hope to perhaps make a few friends along the way.
Welcome Jakob. Enjoy Zambia

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg