New from California and Alaska

Dear Wclint
Welcome to this great Forum. Enjoy planning your possible safari to Africa, perhaps Namibia.
It does NOT cost an arm and a leg for your African safari. You could check it out for yourself. The facts will change your mind and way of thinking.
Ask questions on this forum and you discover a whole hunting "family" which is prepared to assist where you require assistance.
Enjoy the planning process since it forms a huge FUN part of your safari.

Welcome to AH and good luck in selling your rifles.... that would just break my heart if i had to sell any of my rifles

Hi Wclint,

Welcome to the greatest forum in the world.

What part of CA and AK do you occupy ?

Yours truly was born in Los Angeles but lived in Central CA after about age 15, through my late 20's.

At which point, I finally made good my long standing threat to escape from CA and settle in AK (specifically Anchorage, all these many years).

If Africa is a dream (you have mentioned, "are going to pursue"), I'd guess that by the fact you already own two WR rifles and a Marcel Thys large bore double, money is not the issue.

Well anyway, this forum is the right place to shop for safaris.

Do very thorough research on whichever safari company you narrow your focus on, before plopping your money down and you will be happy you did.

If in Anchorage and you happen to get bored, send me a PM, I will buy the first round.

Regards,
Velo Dog.
Vero Dog,
I occupy LA and Anchorage. Thank you for the advice and yes I will be sure to PM when I'm back up there.
Wclint

470 Chapstick... Pretty sure that should be 470 Capstick.
But I'm not complaining or criticizing, Tink Nathan actually said he called Peter Capstick 'Chapstick' for a long time and he never corrected him.
Ryan,
You are absolutely right of course it is Capstick. Thanks for the catch.
Wclint

Thanks for all the warm welcome and advice. I'm going to start posting some of my guns today. Enjoy looking.

Can never get enough of gun pictures! Looking forward to your postings!

Welcome to AH! You will find an excellent hunt in Africa!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg