New Double .577NE | 600NE | 700NE

If he can't even write the name of the german car, I can only assume it is a Mercedes (shudders). That DB9, on the other hand, is something special. More soul in the trunk lining than in all of Germany. Its one of those cars that I have always wanted but can never bring myself to spend all that money on (you rich bastard). I am a Jaguar man anyway:cool:

Larry, I carry 375H&H and 458wm, I don't mind which one I am carrying.

If he can't even write the name of the german car, I can only assume it is a Mercedes (shudders). That DB9, on the other hand, is something special. More soul in the trunk lining than in all of Germany. Its one of those cars that I have always wanted but can never bring myself to spend all that money on (you rich bastard). I am a Jaguar man anyway:cool:

used to be but spent it on cars , vintage port, champagne , the odd gun ,and the other ;), then got married and that aint cheap :D. no it was a 996 turbo :D.........oh yeah and a bit of zambia :D Cheers:

Last edited:
@spike.t, best for loading duiker, suni, klipspringer and.......................birds!!!

porsche.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So only duiker and suni......no birds????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Maybe more suited for muntjac...

o_Oo_O
Jaco, doesn't the .460 Weatherby produce more energy than that of the .577 NE? I haven't fired either, but looking at energy, the .577 NE produces 7000 ft. lbs. of energy at the muzzle where the .460 Weatherby produces 8000 ft. lbs. according to what I have been able to look up. I know that a double is preferred, but sounds to me like you have a pretty big boomer to stop what ever you like! Just looking for education from those who use them.
Correct! ;)

jaco i have been trying to remember the cal of the new one you are having built?

550 Magnum, by CZ I think.

I remember because he told me I could shoot it in Moz after a leopard hunt with him. Seems like a small price to pay.... :E Big Grin:

550 Magnum, by CZ I think.

I remember because he told me I could shoot it in Moz after a leopard hunt with him. Seems like a small price to pay.... :E Big Grin:

yup thats the one. i had a look at one on the cz stand at sci from the custom shop and they had some ammo as well . it looked very nice.

@spike.t @Royal27 that is correct it is the 550 magnum not that I need another big bore but rather want one! :)

I shot Jason van Aarde's one a couple years ago on an Elle hunt with 900gr Barnes and lost my heart on it...

My best always

@spike.t @Royal27 that is correct it is the 550 magnum not that I need another big bore but rather want one! :)

I shot Jason van Aarde's one a couple years ago on an Elle hunt with 900gr Barnes and lost my heart on it..

My best always

@Jaco Strauss when do you get it? i liked the one cz had on their stand this year so let me know it is :D Beers:

Sorry for the delay chaps, was out in the field...

Should take around 3-4 weeks but will have my temp in the next week or so.

Cant wait :)

Jaguars- ugh- wonderful when they're in the mood, downright awful when not. Just blew my rifle budget dropping a motor in mine.....

Still love the purr of the V-12 in mine though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg