New Catalog For Marlin Rifles By Ruger

Im after a 30-30. I wonder when the newer ruger made rifles will hit the UK

Hey Bob, I put some .243 brass up for sale in the classifieds if you’re running short!
@WAB
Ain't got no use for them mate. You probably want to much for them. Anything higher than free to someone desperate is an insult. Just sell them for scraps .
Bob

LOL will do Bob! I hope
The shoulder is healing up.

See link and scroll to the bottom for the new Marlin catalog for rifles that will be produced (hopefully) by Ruger this year. Remington, in my opinion, mishandled this great line of rifles.
I'll come clean and state that I'm a Marlin fan. I own a 1894C in .357 Magnum. 336 carbines in .30-30 Winchester and .35 Remington. and a 1895 in .45-70. My lone Remington 1894 in .45 Colt. I hope the best that Ruger can pull this off.

@Trogon
They don't seem to be doing one in 444 marlin now that's a crying shame as I love the 444..
Bob

It would be neat to see a version of the original Marlin Takedown in .25-20. I have an old one that I inherited from my dad who got it from his grandfather. 1902. The take down is still tight because the cartridge is so low pressure and it was so well built. Good luck finding flat nose 85 grain .257 bullets though. I think they are seasonal run and even then, they don't make many of them. I have an old RCBS 90 grain, LRNFP GC bullet mold to go with it and it shoots pretty well with those at about 1,350 fps. Not a gun I would take after deer but still really fun to break out and shoot every now and then.

Sweet, quiet and soft shooting gun, but the barrel is nearly shot out of mine.
@ChrisG I have an old Winchester 92 in 25-20.
My fun load is an 86gn flat nose and a massive 3.4 grain load of trail boss. Very accurate at 50 yards.
I haven't chronoed it but I put 3 shots down range at 100 yards. When I looked at the target there were no holes in it. I bent over to have a closer look and the bullets hit me in the arse.
A great fun load probably doing around 1,100fps
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross