Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, NRA
Hunted
Eastern Cape, South Africa
I went and picked myself up a new pair of boots today for my first trip to Africa. April can't get here soon enough!!!
IMG_1370.JPG

Got a pair just like them up in my closet, hope you love them as much as I do! Break in should be easy and may not even seem like it was necessary. For me after a day or two of wearing them, they felt just like an old pair of boots should.

4 pair in our family.

Congrats on the new addition!

Great boots! And, they darken as you use them/clean them. I have noticed the scars on the tanned leather become more noticeable with time and it looks cool. My daughter calls them my clown boots, but I wouldn't have them look any other way!

I put in a pair of Superfeet btw. At first the toe box felt a bit narrower but they made them better for me.

I tried on several different pairs today. I really liked the Safari and the Warrior but the Selous fit my feet the best.

Oddly, just sent African Sporting Creations an inquiry on these 5 min ago. Congrats on your purchase. Are these 4" like the "safari"? A question for the esteemed membership here....I realize these are not for "wet" conditions....do they fare ok with the occasional rain shower and inevitable periodic moisture?

Oddly, just sent African Sporting Creations an inquiry on these 5 min ago. Congrats on your purchase. Are these 4" like the "safari"? A question for the esteemed membership here....I realize these are not for "wet" conditions....do they fare ok with the occasional rain shower and inevitable periodic moisture?
I have absolutely soaked them with no ill effects. I wear them in spring and they will get very muddy. But, I take very good care and have settled on Montana Pitch Blend dressing. I really like this line.

They are not water proof, meaning you will feel moisture. And, they are leather. But they do stand up to abuse in my experience if cared for after. Infact, that wide lug sole is great in mud.

great to wear with Levis.

Bought a pair just like those at SCI this year. They are very comfortable. Enjoy.

.I realize these are not for "wet" conditions....do they fare ok with the occasional rain shower and inevitable periodic moisture?

have walked across rivers, through soaking wet grass ,through mud and done everything in mine ........and they are fine. can take a bit to dry out in the rains with the humidity but they are very tough. though mine are ele hide so prob a bit harder wearing...

I hope they are great boots cuz they sure are ugly...

I bought a pair not too long ago - they are pretty comfy

have walked across rivers, through soaking wet grass ,through mud and done everything in mine ........and they are fine. can take a bit to dry out in the rains with the humidity but they are very tough. though mine are ele hide so prob a bit harder wearing...
where did you get your elephant hide?i got mine in zim.

What do most of you use to polish them with once the Courteney polish runs out?

i believe you can get the same wax from african sporting creations here on the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!