Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
I'm always hoping for positive change in Africa. That often means any change. Now Cyril Ramaphosa has been elected the new ANC president. That usually translates into RSA's new leader. Although Jake "the snake" Zuma will remain at the trough until his term is up in 2019. It makes change a real hope.
Ramaphosa narrowly defeated Dlamini Zuma, one of Jake's ex wives. She was a well educated lady, but the spectre of nepotism plagued her, despite the divorce.
Of note, is that both candidates campaigned on their "anti-apartheid" roots and activism. That being despite the fact that less than half of RSA's 56 million people were alive in South Africa during apartheid.
I keep hoping that one day.............that I live long enough for one day, to see a South African politician with any ideas for the future............stopping graft, chronyism, corruption at all levels, developing and renewing infra structure, reviving the economy. Well, not yet...................they can still slide up to the trough by yelling "remember the Alamo".
Lest you think nepotism is only for Africans, think again. Rep John Conyer of Mi. has recommended that his son, John Conyer III succeed him. And he probably would have...........if he hadnt been arrested for stabbing his girlfriend. He still has a chance though, as he did not pat anyone on the behind. Just a simple alleged stabbing.
I wish Cyril Ramaphosa and all my friends in South Africa the best of success.......Flatwater Bill

Sounds like good news, but we'll have to wait and see.

I do hope it is good news for all the people of South Africa.

a lot can happen by 2019.

The people deserve better.

Cyril is brilliant businessman, hopefully he will be a positive change.

It's terrific news. The whole of South Africa was holding a collective breath yesterday. He unfortunately has 3 in the top six that are pro Zuma but he's a shrewd negotiator and I'd bet on him co-opting them or getting rid of them over time.

Seems like good news, I´m happy for my south african friends !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg