New .416 Rigby Arrived!

Hank I hope this turns out just the way you want it to.

I used to have a CZ .416 Rigby - the cartridge just speaks Africa to me. I had always wanted a .416 Rigby by Rigby, but with the mess between the US and the UK, it was never the time. Once Blaser took over Rigby, it seemed the time had come. I ordered a new Big Game rifle, with the double square bridge, last August, and it finally arrived a week ago. A lovely rifle. I hope the pictures do it justice - no one would hire me to take pictures for a magazine!

It will be officially christened on a buffalo hunt in May.

View attachment 39437 View attachment 39438 View attachment 39439 View attachment 39440 View attachment 39441 View attachment 39442 View attachment 39443

Wow! It’s just beautiful. It’ll be a treasure forever.

Taxi? I took the Jubilee tube and the No. 2 bus. Did I mention I was saving my money for a new rifle?

Thanks for the support!

jeez your brave....tried the tube once and got a taxi back......:D.....and you must have placed your order by now......:E Hmmm::D Beers:

jeez your brave....tried the tube once and got a taxi back......:D.....and you must have placed your order by now......:E Hmmm::D Beers:
I took the bus back! It was a beautiful day, and I needed the time to think. So I paid absolutely no attention to my surroundings. That's what we like to call "situational unawareness" or, when I was a kid, "day dreaming."

And you're right . . . the order has gone in! I thought - no, I was sure - that I'd bought my last rifle a few years ago. But I had a look at the new Purdeys, and thought . . . boy, wouldn't that be nice. But couldn't chin myself to the cost. So when I saw the Highland Stalker, well, at about a third of the cost (about half with the options I want), I decided I would actually save money by getting the Rigby. (The first person who suggest that my logic sounds like their wife's after a shopping expedition should be banned. For life.)

As mentioned, I added a few options. My initials in an oval. Grade 8 wood. A couple of other small things. Oh, and it will be in .275 Rigby, which is a 7x57 Mauser, thus continuing the Rigby/Mauser connection forged over a century ago and, of course, a Mauser 98 action.

Thanks to Andrew Ambrose, Head of Sales at Rigby for the morning we spent talking rifles, old and new. He's pretty good at his job!

Will keep you apprised when it shows up!

Congratulations Hank! Can't wait to see detailed photos of the add ons! Any time in the future you want to trade for one of my Winchesters or Rugers, I am only a few keystrokes away!

at about a third of the cost (about half with the options I want), I decided I would actually save money by getting the Rigby
Sounds like a wife or girlfriend coming home from shopping and telling you how much money she saved you!

I'm jealous, and all I saw was a couple of pictures. I didn't realize this post was so old but I'm jealous none the less.

I'm jealous, and all I saw was a couple of pictures. I didn't realize this post was so old but I'm jealous none the less.
Shootist, you are correct this is an old thread, but it carries on to today. The old part of the thread, Hank bought the Rigby Big Game, Just yesterday he ordered a Rigby Highland Stalker! So you and I both have two reasons to be jealous.

@Hank2211 , I think your logic sounds like my wife's after a shopping expedition.

:ROFLMAO:

Congratz for a new great rifle. It will certainly be awesome!

Well, the new rifle arrived in Canada before I did. I picked it up last week and took it out to the range a couple of days ago. A couple of quick adjustments and the scope was dead on at 100 yards. From that point, using a rest, it was shooting 1/2" groups at that distance. In fact my first two shots were so close together that I had to walk to the target to see if I'd really hit it twice. As with most, if not all, of my rifles, it officially shoots far better than I do.

A few pictures. Understand that I shoot animals with more success than I shoot pictures . . . the close-up shots of the lettering are not in great focus . . .
L1000237.jpg
L1000238.jpg
L1000239.jpg

And some more. Note that the rifle is marked for both .275 Rigby as well as 7 x 57, thus eliminating the problem you can have by taking ammo with the "wrong" label on it to Africa.
DSC01649.jpg
DSC01650.jpg

L1000240.jpg
L1000243.jpg
DSC01648.jpg

Congratulations Hank! This is something to be admired and USED for what it was built for!

I can see this masterpiece becoming a family heirloom, one which will make many trips to Africa ....

Dude!!!! Had no idea you were getting one as well. Simply exquisite. And not surprised to see that the lovely thing shoots like mine. Congrats! Wish I had thought of the 7x57 thing - but then, at my age, I likely have enough "properly" :whistle: stamped ammo to see me through. Beautiful rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg